Chapter Twenty-One: Get Ready

PLEASE READ THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Hey guys! gladlywriting and I have started a co-written book on my profile now called Fear Cannot Speak. It is a Captain Swan Fanfic which is new for me (not her bc she's amazing!) and for you guys as well since everything in my page is OQ. Please feel free to check it out! I'm pretty proud of this AU and think it's going to turn out really well! Thanks so much! Enjoy this chapter!!

Light trickled in from my window and danced on the floor and around the room. My eyes fluttered open as I turned over. All the pillows from the wall I made roland had been neatly places back by the head board. The small chair I assumed Robin had used to sit was placed back under the desk. And I was left alone in my bed.

Little footsteps padded down the hall until Mary arrived at my door with a small bag. I sat up a bit and smiled to myself as I watched the little girl with messy hair climb up next to me in bed.

"Mommy?" She snuggled up under my arms as she placed the bag in my lap. "What's this?"

I pull my daughter close to me and kiss her head, swaddling her in the covers with me. "Hmm... I don't know baby." I whisper soothingly, rubbing her back. "Where'd you get it from?"

Mary yawns and snuggles up next to me. "The table." She mumbles. I could tell that Mary was still tired so I took the bag and slowly opened it.

A smile formed on my face as I looked at the contents. Inside was a little note that read:

Good morning, milady. I hope you had a good nights rest. In this bag, I've provided you with directions as well as clothes for this evening. I thought I would take you out somewhere special tonight and wanted to treat you to a new addition to your wardrobe. I hope you like it and I hope to see you soon.
I love you.
Robin<3
PS. I forgot to tell you that I've made plans for the children tonight. Someone special is in town. She'll be by tonight before you leave.

Under that note was another piece of paper with an address on it and a time to be there by. And finally, a black dress laid folded with a pair of matching black heels. The souls of the heels were bright red, giving a little pop to the outfit. My heart fluttered with excitement as I sat up a little more in bed. Date night was tonight and it was all a surprise.

***

6:27. I was bent down at my mirror, slipping on my left shoe when the doorbell rang. My eyes quickly scanned over my image in the mirror. Tight, capped sleeved black dress. Deciding that I approved, my back straightened a bit. Mary perked up a bit, grabbing her little green backpack with all of her toys in it. "I wonder who that is, mommy!" She squealed, jumping down from my bed and grabbing m wrist. "Come on let's go!"

Letting a small laugh slip from my lips, I let my daughter lead me to the front door. To be honest, I was nervous about tonight. It had been a while since we had been out together in a somewhat normal setting.

The doorbell rang again as I opened the white wooden door. To my surprise, Zelena stood happily on the other side. A smile appeared on my face as Mary squealed, embracing the older woman.

"Why don't you look stunning tonight." Zelena drawled, holding Mary tight before kissing her head. "I missed you, dear." She whispers softly.

I smile and step back, letting Zelena in. "It's nice to see you too. I didn't know you were in town or I would have invited you over sooner." Zelena shook her head and smiled.

"I just got in last night." The woman's arms wrapped around me in a tight hug. "So, for tonight I was thinking of just staying at Robin's?" Zelena offered, talking Mary's hand. "Is that alright with you?"

I nodded and bit my lip. "Yes of course. That's completely fine. Thank you for even doing this." My heels clicked on the hardwood floor as I lead Zelena into the kitchen. Mary skipped alongside us before stopping as I turned towards a cabinet. "I have two hours before I have to leave." I call over my shoulder. "Want something to drink?"

Zelena took the green backpack from Mary and nodded. "If I'm not imposing. I was thinking you'd want some time by yourself." The woman sat on a stool and pulled Mary up with her, playfully braiding the little girl's hair.

As a matter of fact, I didn't want to be alone. I had grown quite fond of Robin's sister over the time we spent together. I needed the company to calm my nerves, even though there really wasn't anything to be nervous about. It had been a month or so since we had been on a real date. One that didn't consist of family or drama or work. I was nervous that maybe something had changed since our fight.

The fiery red head tilted her head, fingers twisting peculiarly in my daughters hair. "You're nervous." Her accent made the statement sound more like a question. "Why are you nervous? The first time Robin mentioned you was last year almost." Zelena's voice rose as her sentence moved on. "Everything will be alright."

A/n: hey guys! I've been having some writers block recently so I'm sorry for this semi-acceptable chapter... But what can ya do? Hope you enjoyed it and please feel free to comment!