Chapter Seven: Summer Trip

Four bags, seven days and twenty canceled appointments. But it was a vacation. I would spend a week with Robin and Mary was so excited. As was I. I was nervous for meeting Robin's family for the first time but I was excited to have a final summer trip before things started up again.

Mary ran out from the office with a little backpack and a huge smile on her face. "Mommy lets go!" She squealed, tugging at my hand. Her eyes were squinted because of the bright sun.

Robin chuckled from the trunk of the car, lugging the last of our luggage. Zelena adjusted her sunglasses and sighed, jutting her hip out.

We'd become better acquaintances in her three day stay. She was my complete opposite. Confident in ways I never could be, ditzy in the best way possible and- the one thing we had in common- loyal.

"We're going sweet heart. Come on, take my hand." Mary obliged and stayed close to my side. Some days she was okay and social while others she was still that scared girl I saw in school those few months ago, bruised and abused.

"Come here sweet pea." I scooped her up and kissed her temple. "Mommy's got you." Mary clung to me, resting her head on my shoulder. Robin snaked one arm around my waist and brought me close.

"She okay?" He whispered, kissing my forehead. Opening the backseat door, I gently placed the young girl into her car seat.

"Yeah. Just a bad day." I reply, kissing robin gently. My hands rested on his chest as I continued to speak. "Are you sure this is okay?" I ask. "Me joining along for this?"

Robin chuckled and soothingly rubbed my back, kissing me repeatedly. "Mmhm. I promise you. You'll be fine, milady."

Warmth spread through my entire body as my muscles relaxed. "Okay." I whispered. "No big deal."

Again, Robin chuckled and held me close. "I'll drive first okay? You stay with Mary okay? Someone needs her mama."

From inside the car, Mary spoke up. "Mommy." She corrected, making Robin smile. He ducked in the car door and takes her little hand.

"Excuse me, Princess. Mommy is going to sit with you. Okay?"

And just like that, we were off.

A/N: hey guys! Sorry this is so short and uneventful. I'm so busy and I'm on vacation and in not feeling well. I just needed a small chapter I could get out of the way. I'm trying to keep ahead of the chapters bc I'm working on an original. I'll make a note to update soon so you can have something a little more eventful ;) thanks so much and please leave comments!