Chapter Ten: First Day

The bed shifted early in the morning, making me groan and turn. Mary had gotten up about an hour ago and had disappeared from the room. Zelena came a few minutes later to tell me that she had Mary which put me at ease. Today would be a good day. And now the bed moved again.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close as warm lips found my smooth skin. Robin. My eyes fluttered as I tried hard to stay awake.

"Good Morning, my lovely queen." He whispered, pulling the covers up around me more and brushing my hair back. I mumbled some sort of response that even I didn't understand, making Robin chuckle. "It's okay my love. Go back to sleep. I'll go down and start-"

My hand wrapped tightly around Robin's wrist, quieting him down. "Please stay." I mutter, shifting in bed. My eyes weren't even open anymore but I knew Robin was hesitating. "Just for a little bit." I add, hoping it would sway him.

Robin and I had talked about what was and wasn't appropriate since I had Mary. My job was to be her mother first and then to be Robin's companion second.

But it had been nice to be wrapped in someone's arms just for a little bit. And with Robin, I knew I was safe. He knew how much my solidarity meant to me. How much I wanted to keep everything low key and under control. Robin wasn't like Leo.

"Are you sure?" His voice was low and wary. I nodded and rubbed my eyes.

"Positive. I just need to wake up slowly." Without saying another word, Robin crawled into the bed and held me close. I snuggled into his embrace, clinging to the tshirt he was wearing.

I frown, my leg brushing agains his. "Are you in swim trunks?" I ask groggily, my eyes closed.

Robin chuckled and nodded. "Well, we are at a lake, aren't we?" I giggle softly and nod, humming in agreement.

"I guess that's true." I whisper.

We laid, tangled in each others arms, for about an hour before we spoke again. I had my eyes closed, breathing softly in and out.

"Mm... Where's Mary?" I ask, sitting up. Robin jerked awake before mumbling something. He pulled me close, kissing my neck gently.

"With Zelena. They were making muffins for my mother." He whispers. My heart squeezed a bit as Robin spoke. His mother, Liz, was arriving today along with John and his wife Marian. I was nervous to meet Liz. What if she didn't like me? This was the first time I had really been with somebody else's mother. Robin meant everything to me and what if I blew it?

"My love?" Robin whispers. I snap back into reality.

"Hmm?" I mutter. "I think I need to take a quick shower. Wake myself up. Then I'll be down to help with whatever and get Mary down to the lake. Just keep her busy until I'm through?"

***

Black bathing suit with a red coverup. My hair was slightly wavy because I forgot my straightener. Descending down the stairs, I saw Mary, Robin and Zelena in the kitchen making breakfast. Will and Tuck worked at loading bags and coolers for going down to the lake while Peter washed dirty dishes.

Mary looked up first and smiled. "Mommy! Look! We made breakfast!" She squealed. I grinned and moved quickly to where she was.

"Wow baby! This looks so yummy." I scoop the little girl up and kiss her forehead. "Good morning." I whisper to Zelena as I pass by her. She smiles, watching me as I set Mary down on a stool.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?" She asks, moving the fruit bowl to the table. A tray of muffins sat in the middle as juice, cups and napkins surrounded the pastries.

"Pretty good. And yourself?" I ask, kissing Mary's head as I poured her a glass of milk.

But just as she was about to respond, a phone began to ring. I frown, looking around.

"That's me, my love." Robin calls from the stove. "Will you answer it please?" He asks. I nod and smile, picking up the phone.

"Robin I'm almost there. I've got Roland with me. Would you do me a favor and get a little bowl of fruit for him? It'll keep the little guy busy while I get everything settled." Liz spoke into the phone urgently but there was joy in her voice.

I cleared my throat, getting Robin's attention. He looked over and watched me mouth the word 'mother' and he nodded encouragement. He wanted me to answer.

"Yes of course. How far are you? We are almost done with making breakfast." I respond, waiting for a reply.

Silence.

"Who is this?" Liz demands. I could hear the click of her turn signal in the background.

My cheeks flush as I slip towards Robin. "Hi. This is Robin's... Girlfriend." It still sounded weird saying that word. "My name is-"

"Regina!" Liz exclaims. "Oh hi sweetie! I'm so glad you could make it this weekend! Am I going to meet that little one of yours?" She asks, not letting me answer before she spoke. I was overwhelmed by how kind she was and happy she was to talk to me. I had never had that as a child and the new action had me frozen in the middle of the kitchen. "Oh and I'll be there in the hour. Go ahead and eat if I'm not there in time. Listen, I've got to go right now and concentrate on driving but tell everyone I said okay? It was nice to finally speak with you."

And just like that, the line went dead.

A/N: hey guys! So in this chapter, Regina gets a little taste of normal life. I'm excited to introduce you to Liz and Roland in the chapters to come! Thanks so much and leave your thoughts below! Oh! And the picture at the beginning of the chapter is actually mine😊