| 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝘀𝗸 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂

im pretty excited for this one hehehe

Every summer, Crema would hold an annual summer themed ball. It would take place in the town hall, and all the residents will celebrate the blessing of the season, in hopes to find love, equals or even friends, just not business partners.

But now that a Frenchman has arrived, would it still be the same?...

"A ball?" Felix pondered, as Hyunjin was tidying up his work area, he let out a groan of annoyance at Felix's cluelessness. "It's more like a masquerade, but I never go. It's way too much of a hassle and too...social. It's my literal nightmare. Like, a ball? For a season? You might as well worship the Sun! Ridiculous." Unaware of his constant ranting, the dull-blonde began to gradually get more aggressive with how he put his appliances away. However, the noirette just casually leaned against a counter, buttoning his vest, lost in his own world, imagining the ball. "Oh come on, we don't have that in St.Tropez. The way I'm imagining it makes it seem so joyful and beautiful. It's a nice way to celebrate the summer!" Felix softly retaliated, as his torso began to swirl around the room. "Think about it, classical music, dancing, extraordinary dresses and suits, bedazzled masks, community! And...art, because you like it. Come on! You cannot let such a beautiful opportunity slip from your grasp." The two were now standing next to each other as the sailor looked into the artist's eyes for even a glimmer of convincement. But, then a realisation snapped, and Felix smirked as he carried on, "Or...is it because you've not had anyone to go with? Not even a random woman to chaperone?" This little taunt, caused Hyunjin to sigh, in a mix of annoyance and exposure, he replied, "It's not that, I just am not fond of gatherings. We're not going, end of." Felix scoffed. "YOU may not be going but I'm not missing out! Do your own deliveries that day." He immediately skipped away in joy out of the house. "DO YOU WANT TO GET FIRED?!?!"

Just as Felix left, he noticed a letter, tied in thin hessian rope, carefully placed on the floor. It sat like a lily pad on calm rivers, he gently lifted it into his hands like it was a child.

Dear Hyunjin Hwang,

This letter will not be written in formality.

The people of Crema, including I, have over the years noticed your breath-taking abilities and pieces. The way they hold an infinite amount of emotion and tranquility. We deeply suggest you take part in the decorations this Summer Ball. Your tremendously peace-bringing masterpieces would add a piece to the puzzle of the ball. We believe that your hesitation to participate in our traditions links to the troubled past of your passed parents. It's not about them, but about you. We also believe the overall feel of the Ball will give you peace of mind and joy. You will find people like you, if you take a chance to explore.

Please think about it.

P.S Check the post office, we have sent you a suit and mask, which we thought would suit your disposition.

Yours faithfully,

Gonzalo Romano, Mayor of Crema.

With a great sigh, Hyunjin threw his head back, closing his eyes. They knew that over-complimenting him and mentioning his past would get him thinking. But, now with Felix. It's all different, he would usually just straight up decline, but now he's thinking. He wouldn't want the ball of sunshine to go alone..and see the real prejudice of the people, especially when he realised how fragile he can get when he opened up. He didn't want to go..but it would give him opportunities..and Felix would be happy. Which he shouldn't really care for Felix's emotional status, but when he sees those stupid tears or that overly exaggerated smile, it triggers something in him. Maybe this was an awakening.