| 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT MY LONG ASS HIATUS.
Short chapter kindaaaaa 😭

LMAOO
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.⋆.ೃ

Both men were struggling immensely, with no one to rely on. Hyunjin had no house nor studio with the police in Crema were finding it difficult to find the arsonist. Felix was back in France, his parents completely rejecting his existence, leaving him out on the streets after giving him food and water. He could either just ask for somewhere to stay..or go back..and he knew that the latter wasn't really an option.

"Detective, it was reported that the Frenchman was blacked out drunk, and woke up next to the burnt house."

"Hm..if he was drunk..that must've meant he was at the tavern. We'll ask the workers there."

"Yes, Detective."

Hyunjin was given a place at a lodge out of pity, ever since Felix left, he locked himself in that lodge to reflect and process. The purse of valuables sitting on the stand facing the bed. Thoughts were running through his mind, it was a storm up there, the cocktail of overwhelming emotions blanketing over him.

Why would he compensate for what he had done..?

But no! Someone like Felix isn't that malicious..

What if he was decieved by him the whole time? Acting like a sweet ray of sunshine but really a blaring sun to cause such sun burns?

The thoughts that ring-around-the-posie'd his already exhausted brain, taunted him to no end. What was the truth, and why didn't he want to hear it? Why did he have to let Felix leave without letting him speak. Now he was probably in France or..lost at sea. The latter option striked a chord of immense panic. What if Felix was dead?! Or hurt?! Oh my gosh, he needed to find that idiot. Why did he let him leave!!

Hastily, Hyunjin stood up to leave his lodge, as he swung the door open he was met with the eyes of the Detective and his assistant.

- FLASHBACK -

Detective Vincenze and his assistant Amadeo had visited the only tavern in Crema to question the workers on the arson.

"Was the Frenchman here?".

"Yes."

"Did he black out?"

"Yes."

"And after..?"

"A man dressed in black, claiming to be his friend, dragged him out."

When they walked out the tavern, Vincenze was thinking when Amadeo suggests asking around the neighbourhood on where they were and what they were doing at that time and day. Vincenze agreed, although he thought it would be a waste of time, his mind was only fully convinced when they came across Elio's wife.

- END OF FLASHBACK -

The Detective had a curious expression when he saw Hyunjin rushing with an almost crying-panicked face. "We found the culprit. Police are dealing with him right now.." Amadeo spoke for Vincenze, nudging him with an elbow to break the Detective out of his silent curiousity. Hyunjin's eyes widened as he nodded quickly with a gulp, his adam apple making a trip to his jaw before going to the base of his neck and back to the middle. Vincenze suddenly asked Hyunjin,

"Are you infatuated with Felix..?"

How on earth was he supposed to respond to that?! He didn't care about that right now, he never thought of it...all he knew is that Felix made him worry, made his head spin, made his heartrate increase..made him lose his breath. (when ur walking in cuz when our eyes lock 🫡) Amadeo nudged Vincenze again, but he then realised..maybe they could talk to Hyunjin. Slowly, Amadeo interlocked his hand dominantly with Vincenze -who blushed more than ever- but still went along with it. Hyunjin looked at their hands and immediately got the hint that the two were secretly dating.

This should help him figure it out!