| 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻

It's been a week since the summer masquerade, and Felix had not shut up about how blissful it felt, despite all the eyes he had on him, and all the little whispers. His memories wind back to the moment he and Hyunjin danced to his favourite classical piece...outside. He saw remembered seeing Cecily from the corner of his eye..her expression was unreadable. Her perfect blonde curls seemed to droop/loosen, as did her eyes which fixated on the two. Her lips..pursed, with an awkward curl on the sides. She looked upset, but...she left Felix when Hyunjin arrived..?

⇢ ˗ˏˋ begin࿐ྂ

It was a normal day, it seemed atleast. The usual, Hyunjin makes, Felix delivers type thing...but..it felt weird today. Maybe it's because they still felt off from the argument they had a week ago, but a week is more than enough to reconcile! Strangely, absurdly, every little light touch or appearance between the two would result in constant stammers, warmness and awkwardness. How can this be?! Why is it like this? Felix thought that maybe Cecily would know.

"Uh..Hyunjin, when our...works done for the day, I'm going somewhere." The Frenchman felt the warmness crawl onto his face, you would assume it was the summer sun attacking his skin. As the seconds of pure awkwardness passed, the pigment on both of their cheeks appearing more noticeable. "Oh..uhm okay, but..why did I need to know that..?" The artist tilted his head, eyes darting everywhere but Felix. "Just thought I'd let you know."

"Right...okay...what time are you coming back? You know..because the lanterns need going out."

"Uh..oh yeah. I should be back for...about 9?"

"Okay..why are your cheeks pink by the way?"

"Yours are literally the same! It's too warm..."

"Really warm.."

They both just stood there, patting their own cheeks, when Felix suddenly started to feel dizzy, a tingly sensation in his stomach, numbness in his toes and fingertips.

"I..I need to sit down." Hastily, the noirette went upstairs to fall onto the bed, leaving Hyunjin blushing and confused. Alot of different thoughts ran through the artists head, ranging from:

"Maybe he is still stuck on that fallout..gosh this is so unprofessional!"

"Or, he could be having heatstroke...?"

"What if it's something...to do with our workplace relationship? And he wants to leave!?"

"Who is he even going to see to come back at 9pm..? It's ridiculous."

"That girl at the masquerade he was dancing with...ugh, she probably was going to whisper behind his back anyways."

"JUST GET BACK TO WORK HYUNJIN."

And so he did, but that didn't mean the thoughts would go away just like that. He'd just need to get on with it and not let his underlying curiousity and maybe...jealousy seep through.

⇢ ˗ˏˋ timeskip࿐ྂ

The skies couldn't get any prettier when it was sunset, with the sometimes dark or light hues of pink, orange and blue almost airbrushed into the atmosphere, like a blend of peace. A smoothie of relaxation spilled above, almost like a marbly effect. Racing across the colorful canvas are bundles of cotton, latching on like penguins in a huddle, or a bunch of grapes. Either way it's pretty. But all that dominated Felix's head was the night they made up by dancing. How Hyunjin's hesitant yet gentle hand rested on Felix's waist, how he felt the older's shoulder, breaths mingling, eyes deeply conversing.

After chatting with Cecily yesterday, he found her at this water fountain, sitting alone, but once she saw him, a bright smile beemed upon her face. When he took a seat next to her, they immediately began to talk once again.

"So..how was the dance between your 'boss' and you..?"

"That was a week ago, Cecily..but it was good. Dancing's fun."

"It is indeed. Though...Felix..I wonder."

"Hm?"

"Your boss, Hyunjin. How do you feel..?"

"Wow..that's quite personal..but lately..it's been so different since we fell out, we did reconcile through that dance..but somethings off."

"Would you say that's...within you.. Or him?"

(P.S Cecily is older than Felix, she is NOT in love with him)

"I don't know really..all I know is I feel quite odd, like really warm and awkward. Despite knowing each other well, we find it so difficult to normally converse like we used to. And this morning! I randomly felt dizzy..like my toes and fingertips went numb, heart pumping like mad.."

Cecily smiled to herself, nodding in impression.

"Just like me, huh. Me and my dear Anne."

What?! Cecily and who??? Are they...no way.

"What, are you two friends..?"

"Uh..no..we love each other dearly."

"Oh, so like DEAR DEAR FRIENDS??"

"Oh my lord, Felix, you know how a man loves a woman, this...is woman..loving a woman just how a man would."

"Oh..but isn't that..unnatural and...sinful..?"

"Oh my! How were you raised, dear? Yes, in the eyes of the dictating people of the public, it is. But all that matters, is me and her..as long as I feel her presence, and I get that sickly numb feeling, I know I'm in love..and sorry to break it to you...but I believe it's the same with you."

"You believe...that me and Hyunjin..love each other?"

"I do, but Felix..it may not be like that! You're still young and exploring, but don't lose opportunity. And for the sake of the lord, do NOT let ANYONE tell you that what you're feeling isn't normal."

⇢ ˗ˏˋ timeskip࿐ྂ

It was way past 9pm, Hyunjin had begun to worry, pacing around the downstairs studio, once he saw the outside lanterns blow out he would be certain that Felix was home safe. But they were still alight. "I should've been more cautious with this matter..for God's sake!" Low growls of frustration and anxiety slipped from his plump lips.

When the lights finally blew out, and footsteps were heard, leaving the exterior and interior completely dark, the only luminance came from the moon and its little companions. The door squeaked open, and the noirette slyly sneaked in, only to meet the eyes of the anxious older who was obviously blushing and pretending to act all nonchalant.

"You're a little late aren't you? The lanterns were on for too long."

"Goodnight!"

Felix immediately stammered out, with the same blush as Hyunjin apart from the fact it was more intensified, his long legs raced up the stairs into his room, once again leaving Hyunjin confused and somewhat jealous.

Is this it?? How is he ever going to face the truth when he figures it out..? And what if Hyunjin never feels the same?