nine

chapter nine
(this must be a dream)

Upon arriving at the door that belonged to Doe and Lily's dormitory—James took some seconds before knocking—he felt trepidation

Upon arriving at the door that belonged to Doe and Lily's dormitory—James took some seconds before knocking—he felt trepidation. Declaring that he was frightened was a severe understatement—whenever was the last time he was by himself alongside Doe? It presented itself as being prolonged and it made him a very jittery individual.

He did not receive any response after knocking the initial few times and the incident caused him to feel concerned. Nonetheless, he waited patiently.

James furrowed his eyebrows as he knocked more occasions and his palms came to be drenched as he stretched out for the doorway.

"I knocked. I KNOCKED. So uh—i'll enter and cover my eyes in the second I open the entryway," James grumbled to himself as he opened the door and his eyes were closed tight whilst he utilized his other hand to cover his eyes.

He was anticipating a shriek or for something to be hurled at him—yet nothing transpired.

"I am opening my eyes, so don't say I didn't warn you, Doe!" he stated with caution as he removed his hands and opened his eyes.

He felt a breath of relief. Thank Merlin he didn't do anything to make her uncomfortable—

Yet James's brain lost its thinking capacity when he scrutinized the beds as well as the room to spot the complete lack of a person. His eyebrows descended in perplexity, yet some part of his mind was blaring out alarms—something was not correct and he trusted that Lily did not pull a fast one on him, for this was not in her character to perform such a trick.

He bit his lip and exited the dormitory with haste and when he arrived at the common room, he detected Lily sitting on the couch with Sirius, Peter, as well as Remus.

They were all enjoying their period of relaxation, but all came to a standstill as they witnessed the state that James was in.

"Are you all right, James?" Remus was the initial individual to question his friend.

"Doe was not in her room—did she choose to head to the sleepover?" James redirected his stare onto Lily.

Lily had a crushing feeling—she sensed her eyes burn as she jumped to her feet swiftly—how had she permitted it to escape her attention? How had she permitted it to slip out of her recognition?!

The redhead proceeded to walk past James and rushed her actions, "We must search for her!" This prompted the other lads to rise up at the speediness of Lily's words.

Lily sprinted in advance and was leading the way to the exit of the common room—the guys were a couple of paces back of her. James on the opposite hand was doing his best in terms of avoiding knocking into the redhead, due to the fact that he was already worried enough.

Lily maintained her quickened pace as she articulated," It only occurred a once and I was fortunate enough to have been the solitary person that had been alert..."