seventeen

chapter seventeen
(the end of a friendship)

Back in their 5th year, the final day of the O

Back in their 5th year, the final day of the O.W.L. exams came around. The pressure and tension were finally gone.

Doe had been hanging out with Snape and Lily for a while, but the girls eventually left him so they could put their things away in the dorm. They had planned to meet again, so they could enjoy their free time together.

Lily and Doe began to walk back to where they had originally been with Snape. During their journey they passed by several of their acquaintances, including Artemis, who was waiting for Dilara, and Darling, who was headed towards her.

As the pair was approaching their intended destination a commotion broke out, Lily was the first to notice the situation, and she screamed, "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" as she pulled out her wand. The girls then began to rush over in response to her call.

Doe's eyes widened as she beheld the wounded James, with a terrible gash on his cheek and actively bleeding, In spite of the shocking injury to James, the sour and disgusted expression on Doe's face persisted as she observed the group of males kept taunting and mocking Severus while he was positioned upside-down in the air.

Meanwhile, upon being confronted by Lily, James looked their way, but it shifted to the latter, who was now wielding her wand.

"Ah, Evans. Don't make me hex you." James taunted.

Lily gave an arrogant sneer as she gritted her teeth at James Potter.

"Take the curse off of him, then!"

James had tilted his head to the side as he viewed Doe as she advanced towards him with her wand upraised. "James Fleamont Potter; if you don't release Severus at this very instant, I will never speak to you again."

James' eyes widened in surprise as he acknowledged Lily's demand. But Doe's words is what made him act. He did as he was told and released Severus from the levitation spell.

He then turned his attention towards the boy who had been previously trapped and glared at him. With a frown he snarled, "You're lucky that Doe and Evans were here, Snivellus."

Severus' facial expression grew progressively more irritable, while in tandem, his glare directed at the girls became increasingly venomous. He began his response with a sharp-edged utterance.

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her and your b*tch." Lily recoiled slightly, then lowered her wand, and subsequently shot her head back to face the Slytherin, which caused her to be faced with the dreadful and offensive language.