fourteen

chapter fourteen
(once we graduate)

With days rapidly evolving to weeks, and week to month, Doe and her friends felt the final year as students passed by in an instant

With days rapidly evolving to weeks, and week to month, Doe and her friends felt the final year as students passed by in an instant. Sometimes, Doe deliberately tried to stay awake during the night, hoping the transition to the next day would be further delayed. But alas, the passage of time proved to be a relentless force, and she eventually came to understand that she should not compromise her health. She and her friends would become fully initiated into the Order once they graduated, and maintaining physical wellbeing was a crucial priority.

James seemed to possess a more optimistic outlook, as he was aware that his primary focus was his future with his family and friends. His approach to life was typically dedicated, especially with regard to anything he desired. After all, he had committed five years of his life to pursuing Lily Evans, a demonstration of the commitment he was capable of bearing toward his goals.

Now that the Christmas holiday had concluded, James mustered up the courage to engage in a conversation with Doe regarding their future. He was well-aware that he desired to spend the rest of his life by her side, but he deemed it essential to discuss the matter rather than allow time to pass without any communication on the subject.

After returning to Hogwarts from their holiday, he first spoke with Lily prior to her convening their dormmates and persuading them to vacate the space, which would allow he and Doe to converse in solitude.

Even as James pleaded his case to Lily that him making the request was made simply in order to speak with Doe regarding their future together, his friend questioned his desire to convene with her within the dorm. However, noticing the lack of any hidden agenda, she accepted that his intentions had no improper meaning.

James then proceeded to detach from Doe as they arrived back at the school grounds. Lily swiftly stepped forward, taking hold of the blonde-haired girl's arm and leading her away for a meal in the Great Hall. At the same time, she discretely flashed a thumbs-up sign towards James.

The male smiled and turned his head to their common room. He first went to his room and gathered the things he needed before heading to Doe's dorm.

Following the same procedure as the night of his confession at the Black Lake, James first gave a light knock on the shared dorm's door and waited. After receiving no response, he proceeded to enter with his eyes firmly closed and covered with one of his hands, a measure taken in the circumstance another one of the female students might be present. To be on the safer side, he decided to shout and announce his presence just in case, even with Lily's assurance that no one else would currently be present.

Upon determining that the dorm room was vacant, James then proceeded to execute his next set of actions. He initially went over to Doe's bed and removed the mattress, placing it on the ground, and then took the extra bedsheets that were neatly folded on her trunk.