Chapter 122: Conscious

Andrea groans mildly as her lids flutters slowly. She opens her eyes slowly, then closes it immediately cause of the lights. She had time to adjust then slowly opens her eyes.

She looks around, trying to know where she was . She realises she was in the hospital and recollects on how she got there .

Then she remembers the incident and gets scared immediately. She feels a strong hand , holding hers tightly not letting go. She looks at the person and finds Tristen asleep. He had eye bags as a result of lack of sleep.

" Tristen " she slowly whispers.

Tristen slowly looks up and sees her awake. He widens his eyes smiling widely, his eyes getting warmer. She was finally awake after two long days of being unconscious.

During these times , he refuses to eat well, or leave the hospital. For fear she wouldn't wake up again.

He gently goes and kisses her forehead. A teardrop falling from his eyes. "You're awake Andrea" he says as he looks at her , caressing her face softly.

"Where am I?". She asks him.

"At the hospital baby, don't you worry you're out of danger now ".

"Here have something to..." Eloise comes in immediately with food when she sees Drea awake, smiling weakly at her.

Eloise drops the food, bursting out. She hugs Drea tightly " oh Drea, you scared the shit out of me".

"Ouch , too tight El".

"Sorry" she laughs as she wipes the tear from her eyes.

"I'll go call the doctor" Tristen says and leaves them to have their moment.

"How are you Drea" Eloise asks as she sits down holding her hands.

"Strange, looks like i resurrected back to life, heh ".

"Oh.. she says softly "you did come back to life Drea ".

Andrea looks at her confused" what do you mean ".

Eloise keeps quiet for some time before speaking" the doctor confirmed you dead, after the surgery Andrea. Said you lost so much blood and couldn't survive ".

Andrea gets alarmed, she looks at her hands " but how....".

"Tristen...... He called out to you and you listened to him".

"Wha...Wha.." .

"Guess you listen to him more than anyone. Heh" she chuckles" that was the first time I saw him cry hard Andrea. ".

Andrea was about to speak when the doctor came in with Tristen behind him.

He goes and Eloise moves backwards giving him access to Andrea. He checks her pulse, her heartbeat and everything necessary and finds out she was out of danger.

"A miracle. Something very rare. You're out of danger miss Andrea. We just need to watch you for a day or two then you'll be discharged. Your God loves you. It wasn't your time to die yet, that's why he sent Mr Tristen here to call out to you and you listened" he smiles .

Andrea stares at Tristen, who smiles at her warmly. She looks back at the doctor.

"Thank you ".

"You're welcome, visitors can come in three at a time okay, we wouldn't want to stress you out". He smiles and she nods then he leaves.

"Your parents would be here soon . I had to tell them". Eloise Informs.

"You told them about the kidnap?".

"Oh no I told them something different. You were hit by a stray bullet. That's believable".

"Okay".

"I have to make a call, tell them you're awake". Eloise says and she nods. She leaves the room leaving Tristen and Andrea together.

Tristen stares at her ,then goes to her slowly " I called my mama, she'll be here soon" he tells her , sitting down.

She nods , not saying nothing. She didn't know why she was mad at him. He saved her life and yet she felt he hurt her . Yes she remembers, for the misunderstanding they had. She wanted to let it go but couldn't, those words he said to her a week ago hurt her more than the bullet she took.

"How are you little girl?" He asks deeply, looking into her big beautiful eyes .

"You have eye bags, you haven't been sleeping". She ignores the questions, looking at his eye bags

"You weren't awake yet, I couldn't sleep".

"You called out to me?" She asks meekly.

"Mm , you listened to me baby" he says kissing her knuckles.

"What about Drew, Dan"

"Dan's dead ".

"How...".

"I killed him Andrea ".

"What?". She says as she sits up then groans

"Easy, he says as he goes to help but she slowly rejects the help. He narrows his eyes noticing her coldness towards him.

"He tried to kill me, it was self defense" he explains.

"And Drew?" .

"He left, he thinks you're dead and I'll like it to stay that way. Once he finds out Dan's dead and you still breath, he's going to try to kill you and I don't want t take chances".

She swallows before she looks away.

He sighs then begins" I know you're mad at me. It's all my fault you're in this situation right now. I caused you pain Andrea, starting from when I accused you of being a slut and yelling. Everything is my fault and I'm really sorry Andrea ".

She looks back at him " I guess Dan filled you in all of the details as to which I had to see him that night. I bet that's the reason you're apologizing ".

"No no , not just that. I realized I hurt you badly , and that's why I'm here to apologize ".

Tristen's mom comes in, same reaction at always. She smiles as she sees Drea, her eyes getting blurry with tears" Hi Andrea, how are you" she says as he hugs her .

Andrea, hugs her gently smiling as well" I'm well ma'am ".

"None of us could sleep a wink, knowing you were unconscious ".

"You can all rest now, no need to worry about me. I'm fine".

"Of course you are. Here I brought you soup , and food just in case you're hungry ".

"Mm I am, it smells nice,thank you " she smiles kindly at her.

"I'm really sorry for what you went through because of us . I promise to keep you safe okay?" She caresses her hair slowly.

"It's okay Ma'am, it's not your fault " .

Author's note

So she's awake finally.... I'll do well to update chapters. I plead with you all to bear with me. I have exams and I doubt I'd be able to update faster. But once my exams are finished, I'll be back. Keep voting.

Xoxo ❤️❤️