Part 2 - A Girl

I stood toiling in the morgue late this evening, the morning had not staid as peaceful as I had hoped and I had been overwhelmed with work and had little time to actually get much done, emergency after emergency. But as the sun set below the sky, and the day slowed I headed down to work on a few bodies down in the morgue prepared for burial tomorrow morning. My hands coated in blood as I got on with everything. Sewing and sorting things on the bloated man as I yawned and dreamed of my bed, I knew this would have to be my last one before bed I'll get up and do the rest in the morning my body is too tried to keep this up much longer.

I heard the morgue doors open so I looked up in curiosity and in stepped a strange but sweet sight.

A girl.

No older than me, I had never seen her in the hospital or town before, she wore a pair of tall laced black boots, her white frilly bloomers exposed a little as she held her dress so it didn't drag on the floor holding it higher than she likely needed to, a little dress of sky blue and white clearly a very fine expensive dress but strange like it did have other elements many of which seemed to be cut or removed. The dress wasn't loaded with petticoats and crinolines but a gentle glide to her feet much like the nurses wore, with long sleeves. Her hair was in a tight silk braid that was then wrapped around her head in a milkmaid braid, she had a wide smile and I admit... she's kinda cute.

She came inside and looked over the bodies I had already finished,

"Uuhh... Can I help you?" I asked her,

No answer came,

"Hello?"

No answer came,

"Miss you can't just be in here," I told her,

No answer she smiled at me and sat under the window watching me as she playfully kicked her feet,

"Uuhh... right..." I explained trying to just get on with my work, "Are you just going to sit here?"

No answer,

"Ookay..." I sighed far too busy to wonder what on earth was going on with whoever this girl was, I got on with my work for a good while noticing her as she hopped up and wonders around the morgue looking at my work, investigating the bodies before coming over to my table and looming over me and watching me as I worked, "Hello..."

No answer came and she just watched with a wide egar smile,

I rolled my eyes and continued ignoring whatever she was doing, I continued with some stitching until I jumped in shock my body freezing up.

As I stood loomed over the table over the body I was working on, she came around me and wrapped her arms around my waist her hands on my stomach, her cheek rested on my back with a wistful sigh, I was confused but she was warm, and soft and it was nice to have her cuddled with me while I worked. I didn't argue I just kept working while she cuddled me enjoying the cosy feeling.

"You really cosy back there?" I chuckled,

No answer came, she just squeezed me tighter,

"You shouldn't be in here you know, it's not safe for you," I told her, "I know you want to cuddle, and It's very cute and sweet but you need to let go," I told her forcing her arms off,

She let go and came so I could see her, her lip pouting and trembling, her hands together sadly little tears in her eyes as she let out the first sound I had heard from her a little whine of sadness,

"Ohh... no no it's okay-" I tried to calm her,

But she just began to silently cry,

"No no please don't cry." I told her, "I didn't mean to upset you miss. I just-"

Her tears only flooded from her eyes down her cheeks,

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Please don't cry." I told her giving her a cuddle pulling her head into my chest and stroking her hair, "I didn't mean to make you upset, I just want to make sure you are safe. You really shouldn't be in here with me... But If you promise to do as I say you can stay," I told her "Okay?" I offered to pull away to see her face and took her hands,

she let out a giggle, she took my arm and snuck under my arm so she moved to stand between me and the table, I chuckled a little and wrapped my arms around her so I could still work but I could still hold her, my chin on her shoulder as she watched with enthusiasm.

"You are a cute little thing," I cooed, "I rather like having you as my little assistant," I told her turning her to face me she smiled resting her hands on my chest, "You know you could go see the head nurse, get a job as a nurse if you're curious? Then you could come and watch and help every day?"

No answer came, she just giggled and pulled my neck down so our lips met.

I jumped a little but kissed her back tightening my arms around her.

We stood kissing in the morgue for a good while the only sound of our lips clacking on contact, my hands stroked her dress gently and slowly, and she happily stroked my neck and my hair until we finally pulled back.

"umm I like you," I growled rubbing my nose on hers,

She giggled and pulled me back to kiss her, I didn't argue happily kissing her back tempted to just pick her up, sit her on the table and tug up her dress. She pulled back and giggled at me before she began to pepper my face with kisses,

"You are so cute," I chuckled pushing her back from peppering my face with kisses, "May I have the pleasure of knowing your name miss?"

"Y/N!" A voice yelled,