Chapter 8: Reboot

Gregory looked on in utter horror at the sight he just saw- it was Glamrock Chica. The animatronic was seated upright on the floor between the vent and the elevator that must have led down to Parts and Service. Chica was just as deformed as how he left her. However, some additional damage had been done to her. Chica's casing over her head was missing, so her naked Endoskeleton head was showing to the world. Chica's right arm was completely exposed as well. Blood stains were sticking to her fingers, and the smell of electrical burns erupted from her wiring. The arm was loosely attached to the rest of the body.

"It's Chica! I wonder if I can activate her. Maybe I can reboot her?" Gregory said hopefully. Slowly, and care applied to every movement, he crept up to the motionless animatronic. Gregory needed to be delicate with every movement. When he was directly up close to the animatronic, he extended his shaky, sweaty arm toward the head, searching for anything to activate it.

"My goodness..." Gregory uttered. His hand came into contact with the head of the Endo. He tried to feel around for anything, like a switch or a button. Eventually, he found a button somewhere on the back of the head. It felt rather sharp and bumpy compared to the smoothness of the surface of the head, and the sweat rolling down Gregory's fingers. But he pressed the button.

Immediately, sparks flew from Chica's body, primarily around her right arm. She was going to have to be repaired later. Other than that, her dull eyes began to flicker, and lights erupted from inside her eyeballs. Instantly, her limbs began to twitch, as if a dead body had been reanimated.

"Chica? Are you okay?" Gregory asked hesitantly.

"Warning: anomaly detected in system. Entering reboot mode now," a computerized voice not unlike the announced erupted. Chica's eyes grew dark again. Then, her body fell limp once again.

"Okay, she's fixing her system now! I need to get Freddy," Gregory said triumphantly. If Chica reboots, Gregory could have another ally. For now, Gregory needed to find Freddy. The perfect place to do that was via the security cameras accessible in the backstage control room. He turned around and walked out of the Back Room. In the Green Room, Gregory did not see much, but through the window outside, he saw Roxy on the prowl. She was creeping around, eyes uncannily blank and hands hanging limp at her sides, looking for any sign of her prey.

"Gregory? Where are you?" Roxy crooned venomously.

"She found me! Oh no..." Gregory whispered nervously. He was in a major pickle. Then, at the speed of lightning, Roxy snapped her head in the direction of Freddy's Green room. Quickly, Gregory ducked behind an arcade machine, hoping to avoid certain death the animatronic would bring him. Soon, the orange door slid open. Roxy was standing directly in the doorway, waiting for anyone to come out, almost daring them to show themselves.

"Huh. Nobody," Roxy said quietly. Then, she walked up to the metal door that led to Freddy's back room. The door raised for her to walk through. Roxy stomped into the room, and the door shut behind her. Gregory knew she was going to do something to Chica. He was split between taking the chance to run, and eavesdropping. Curiously got the better of him, so Gregory stayed put.

"Well, if it isn't the very animatronic who failed. Pathetic," Roxy spat. Gregory clenched his fists out of anger.

"You're worse than me. You let a boy escape you, and I am going to be rewarded beyond measure!" Roxy boasted. It was all Gregory could do not to lunge at the animatronic and rip her wiring out. However, he knew attempting that would be his downfall.

"You know what? Vanny wants you to be scrapped in front of Freddy, but I want to do it when we're alone. That way, you know you have no one, and I have the WORLD. Goodnight, Chica. Sweet dreams..." Roxy laughed. Without a second thought, Gregory leaped up from behind the Arcade machine and charged angrily into the Back Room. Gregory reached for his taser to shock a surprised Roxy, but there was a problem- Gregory didn't HAVE his taser.