Chapter 7: Narrow Miss

Gregory woke up in a small room, crowded by various junk items sprawled about on the floor. He was in a small room that looked like a security office. Various articles of clothing were scattered across the room, as well as some trinkets and toys.

"Where am I?" Gregory mumbled.

"YOU are in the Lost and Found, Gregory,"the angry voice of Officer Vanessa erupted.

Gregory glanced around the small room to see where it could be coming from. There was an active monitor and an audio player on the main desk.

"I know your name. I heard everything between you and Freddy trying to communicate. What, did you think I was born yesterday?" Vanessa demanded, seeing Gregory's evident shock.

"Of course you knew..." Gregory spat.

"You know, you aren't supposed to be here! My boss would HATE it if you messed up our plans for the Pizzaplex. Everything could have been all fine... if you never came back," Vanessa said in a menacing tone.

"Came... back?" Gregory questioned, as if what he was listening to wasn't real.

"Yes. You've been here before! And you escaped us. But we can't let that happen again. Goodbye, Gregory..." Vanessa crooned.

Gregory knew, somehow, he was going to die. He HAD to find a way out, but his clearance was too low. That's when he decided to check the security desk.

"Maybe there's a badge in here? It IS a security office," Gregory wondered aloud. He walked over to the desk and couldn't find a badge container, but noticed a gift box packaged in the corner. He took the gift box and removed the wrappings. Then, he took the lid off.

"Okay, there's a pass in here, but it's only Level 2. And there's... a screwdriver? Aw MAN," Gregory pouted. He wasn't able to pick the lock of the door. But that's when he noticed a vent in the far corner of the room. That's when it clicked- he could take the vent OUT.

"Hello! Are you bored? Because we're going to have some FUN?!" a strange voice called out. The voice was feminine, but it was very 'bumpy,' glitchy, and it sounded digital, but human.

"Not good..." Gregory muttered.

Soon, Gregory managed to unscrew the nails over the vent cover. He crawled inside and ended up in the Main Lobby once more. He ran up an escalator to the pair of elevators at the top. However, one of them was completely broken.
K
"Oh no. The elevator broke! I think there was a struggle," Gregory noted.

"YOU! There you are!" someone called out. Gregory glanced behind him and, just outside Lost and Found, saw the rabbit lady named Vanny. Gregory got a much closer look at her from above. The cold, painful sensation that he felt before began to plague his nerves once again. It felt like a much smaller knife was being shoved into his spine.

"Not good!" Gregory muttered. He ducked into the elevator and slammed the button that led up. Thanks to his lucky stars, the elevator doors closed the moment Vanny reached them.

"Whew! That was CLOSE," Gregory sighed. The pain in his body that was a reaction of seeing Vanny was now gone entirely. But now, he was left with many questions. Why was Vanessa acting normal? What happened to the elevator? Was there a struggle? Where was Freddy? Was Cassie here before? Did she somehow forget? How could he get the memories back?

A million questions and phrases were rushing through his mind. For now, Gregory needed to find Freddy and get a safe place to hide. The elevator reached the Main Atrium a few seconds after it departed. When Gregory walked out onto the balcony, he ran down once again, back to the vent where he navigated below. At the vent, there was no sign of Freddy. That's when Gregory realized he still somehow had his FazWatch.