Chapter 6: Failed Escape

Gregory was at the bottom of the Atrium floor, trying to get to the Loading Docks that were at the bottom of the building. These docks would give him a one-way ticket out of the Pizzaplex. As he walked past the various food bars in the area, Freddy was accompanying him.

"Where are we going?" Gregory asked.

"The Loading Docks are just outside of the kitchens. To get to the Kitchens, we must go downstairs. However, I cannot go with you," Freddy replied.

Gregory was shocked that Freddy couldn't come. He looked at the bear animatronic in a questioning manner.

"You see, to get down to the Kitchens, you must have at least a Level 4 Security clearance. But when I was put in my room, they revoked all my clearance for the night. I cannot go anywhere you cannot go. I managed to copy the data from the Level 1 Pass into my system but I cannot go to too many places. There is a vent nearby you can go in. I can't fit inside, but you can," Freddy explained.

"Okay... how much clearance do I need to get to the docks?" Gregory asked.

"Depending on where you arrive in, the doors themselves need Level 2 Clearance. You can find a Security Office not too far from the Kitchen," Freddy said. "Now off you go."

Gregory walked over to a nearby wall, where a small vent shaft rested. He crouched down and crawled into the tight vent. The small, metal walls was very noisy. It creaked and popped with every move. Orange lights illuminated the vents every few feet. At the ends of each path, there was a slow-spinning fan meant to push air. Gregory felt the cold air blowing through the vent he was crawling through. When he got to the end of a long vent path, he heard loud clanking sounds behind him.

"Huh?" Gregory muttered to himself.

Long behind him, there was a small spider toy. This toy had a silver round head with a small body beneath it. It was supposed to resemble some kind of spider. The toy had six legs sticking out the bottom of its torso. The legs were white and gray, with pink feet. The toy had purple and pink markings across its body. His eyes were big, black, and unmoving. Its mouth was shaped like an oval, with square, white teeth lining the top and bottom.

"What is that?" Gregory muttered to himself. Suddenly, the toy began to charge toward him. Gregory was taken aback. How was that small toy moving? That's when he realized it had to be an animatronic. Gregory realized by then, the only animatronic it was safe to be around was Freddy.

He crawled through the vent at a much faster pace than before. As the metal made noises when he moved, he could also hear metallic tapping behind him. The toy was trying to get closer. Gregory crawled through a few turns, then made it to a vent slide. He slid down the vent, hoping it would lead him to an escape.

As Gregory slid down, the metallic tapping of the toy animatronic grew more and more distant. He was safe for now. Soon, Gregory fell down into a small storage room with various boxes surrounded by a brick wall.

"Freddy, are you there?" Gregory spoke into his FazWatch.

"Yes, I am here. What happened? Is everything okay?" Freddy asked in an urgent tone.

"I'm fine, but when I was in the vents, some tiny spider toy was chasing me! It looked freaky, as if it was supposed to be a kind of a spider," Gregory replied.

"Wait! I understand what you are talking about. A few months ago, there was a toy display of a character known as 'Music Man,' from an older establishment. We have an animatronic here modeled after him too! Anyways, the toy went missing and coincidentally, from various ventilation shafts, you could hear banging and scratching noises. I believe both mysteries have been solved," Freddy explained.