Chapter 12: Freddy's Promise

Gregory was hidden inside Freddy's chest compartment as he was being dragged over to the trash compactor in the kitchen. He couldn't tell what was going on anymore, but he had a good idea of what would soon. He heard the sound of metal being dragged, then he heard Freddy being released onto a metal surface. The bear animatronic was laid down on the ground, and he slid down a garbage chute. Gregory's stomach lurched and his insides rose as he was falling down with Freddy.

"Ah!" he yelped desperately.

"Do not worry Gregory. We are falling down because I knew if we would stay behind, they'd crush us. Thankfully, I can let you out of my chest compartment before you get crushed! Now, we just need to get out," Freddy said as the two fell. Freddy's chest compartment opened up mid-fall, and Gregory flew out quick.

Momentarily, the two ended up in a small, dark room. Freddy landed directly on the ground, and Gregory ended up on a pile of trash.

"EW! Where are we?!" Gregory asked. The lights on Freddy's eyes turned on, as they became floodlights for them to see.

"It appears we are in the Sewer, Gregory! The way out isn't too hard to find..." Freddy said. He slowly and shakily stood up from the ground. Freddy's entire body was caked with dirt, grime, and scratches. Many areas of his casing, like his arms, legs, and entire torso. Freddy's Endoskeleton hands and feet were out for the entire world to see. The right side of his face was gone, the inside of his head visible.

"Gregory, be honest... how bad is the damage?" Freddy interrogated in a fallen voice.

Gregory gritted his teeth and frowned sympathetically. The damage done was not pretty.

"It's not good. We need to get you back to Parts and Service," Gregory grimaced.

"I thought so. Here, let me help you out of the garbage pile," Freddy said thoughtfully. He limped over to Gregory and extended his right arm out to him. From the pile, Gregory reached out and pulled himself close to Freddy. However, as he grabbed the animatronic's hand, it fell right off. Gregory fell face-first on the ground.

"Your hand!" Gregory exclaimed.

"My arm sockets are mostly intact. My hands bore the brunt of the fall, unfortunately..." Freddy sighed. The two of them walked over to a metal door like the one in the Security offices. Then, they walked through a round sewer-like tunnel to an open room with a concrete catwalk running along the sides. Everywhere they went was concrete, metal pipes, industrial lighting, and trash. The two continued through the area until they reached a locked gate, needing electricity to open.

"The power is needed to open? Gregory, I am sorry but it looks like we need electricity to access the gate. Will you do me a favor and go turn on the generator? I am not in the condition to do so right now..." Freddy asked.

"Right. I'll deal with it!" Gregory agreed. There was a brick circular hallway to the right of the gate, with black metal catwalks serving as the floor. A bright green cable led down the hallway.

Gregory turned his flashlight on and walked down the hallway, searching for a generator, he assumed it would look like the ones in the Daycare Playhouse. At the end of three sets of hallways, Gregory came across an open room, with multiple piles of trash, brick pillars, and rusted metal safety bars. This wide room was very dimly lit. In the middle of the room was a purple generator with black railings surrounding it.

"There! we can get the gate open finally," Gregory said. He flipped the lever to the generator, which instantly turned on. The engine began to rumble. The shining red light that was on the generator switched to green.