Chapter 4: Chica's Failure

"Come out and play-ay!" Chica sung. Gregory backed up against the machine out of fright. He watched in horror as Chica ripped the metal gates off the hinges and lunged at Gregory. She launches her full weight into the charge. Gregory managed to duck out of the way before Chica crashed. Instead of hitting him, the large bird animatronic came crashing into the ticket machine. Her full weight broke the machine and broke the lock open. The sound of thin steel being crushed broke out across the room. Chica came crashing down to the ground with the machine.

When the lock burst open, many small slips of paper flew out of the front of the machine. Gregory made no waste of time trying to grab a Daycare Pass. He managed to snatch one out of the air. But before he could run out of the gate and go back up the stairs, Chica leaped toward him and grabbed his ankle. She yanked him towards her. Just like that, Gregory slipped stomach-first onto the floor. The force of him meeting the carpet was nothing compared to the pain in his ankle. He yelped as he felt metallic claws digging into his skin. Then, he felt a warm liquid oozing out and leaking down his foot.

"AH!" Gregory yelped.

"Yes. Yes! I enjoy your screams. Just like all the others who found themselves here after hours," Chica laughed. It was then when instinct took over. Gregory reached into his pocket, where his taser was. He pulled the trigger and watched as the cables from the taser connected to the animatronic's arm, specifically the arm digging its claws beneath Gregory's skin. Gregory yelped as he felt electricity course through him. The shocks that met his blood spread through his entire body.

It only lasted for a second, as Chica let go in pain. Electricity coursed through her endoskeleton. Since she was made of metal, the shocks were attracted to her more. The cables on her right arm- the arm she used to cut Gregory's ankles- overloaded. Gregory leaped to his feet with difficulty due to the pain. He gasped and limped out of Customer Service. Chica remained on the ground. A yell of pain and anger was heard as Gregory was stumbling off.

"YOU LITTLE RUNT! COME BACK AND LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO MY RIGHT ARM!"

Gregory assumed by the screams that the shock disabled all wiring within her arm, rendering it useless. It wasn't long before Freddy spoke again on the FazWatch.

"Gregory, are you okay? I heard lots of noise and screaming on your end. What happened with Chica?" he questioned. Freddy's tone of voice was incredibly nervous.

"Chica... she found me and broke the machine. I got the Daycare Pass, but she cut my ankle open. I'm bleeding. I want to lay down..." Gregory moaned.

"You're BLEEDING?! This is TERRIBLE. Go to the Daycare and hide in the medicine room. We always keep a medical station nearby if any children are injured. There should be a door inside the male lavatories, which is on the right when you enter. I will meet you there at the end of the hour," Freddy commanded.

"Alright. I'm really tired. Wake me up when you get there, okay?" Gregory replied.

"I will, Superstar," Freddy agreed.

Gregory stumbled up the stairs on the very right, blood trickling from his foot as he walked. He knew that Chica or whoever would easily follow the trail, since his blood was falling on top of white tile. But he didn't care. Gregory was injured and dead tired. When he got to the top of the stairs, he took a right turn and walked toward a set of red double doors. Past the doors, he ended up in a curved hall. The walls were made up of uncovered red bricks. The floor was made up of black tiles. Plants in pots occasionally lined the floor. Halfway down the hallway was a long, black, marble fountain. On the other side of the fountain was a roll-up door that had an "Employees Only," sign above it. On Gregory's side of the fountain, there was a red tube against the wall. At the very end of the hall was a roll-up door that Gregory knew led to the Daycare.