Chapter 1: The Alert

It was a cold November night in Hurricane, Utah. While everyone was warm in their beds, one boy, Gregory, was cold on the streets. He was hidden in an alley, wrapped up in a newspaper, trying to escape the cruel, autumn winds. As he was wrapped up, trying to conserve body heat, Gregory noticed a copy of the paper of the day, lying in a trashcan across the box. The wind pushed the paper out of the can and into Gregory's face.

"Ugh! Stupid paper," Gregory mumbled. Then, he noticed an article buried deep within one of the pages that struck his face. The headline said, 'FAZBEAR ENTERTAINMENT CLOSING PIZZAPLEX FOR MAINTENANCE.' Gregory thought nothing of it for a second. But then, he realized what this could mean for HIM. If the Pizzaplex was closing soon for maintenance, then Gregory could use that as a warm place to stay! Enough of these cold streets, picking scraps to eat, and staying warm with newspapers. He needed a nice, colorful, comfortable place to recharge. Hopefully he could get well enough to keep going and find someone who cared!

However, there was one problem. Gregory realized that Fazbear Entertainment had top-tier security that kept people out at night. It was going to be impossible to sneak in.

"Aw, man! It's probably locked by now. Let me check to see when it closed," Gregory mumbled. He searched through the article and found that the restaurant was still open today. It would close at midnight and then lock down. There was still a chance for safety.

"It doesn't close until tomorrow. I can still get in! Now, how do I get there?" Gregory wondered aloud. He needed to find his way across town to get to the Pizzaplex before it closed.

Gregory checked his wristwatch. It was 10:30 in the evening. He still had time to sneak in before closing. Then, he would have to find a place to hide. He could rest, feed himself, and clean up. Gregory knew what to do next- he ripped the newspaper blanket off his person and crawled out of his box. Then, he ran out of the alley and down the street to find the Pizzaplex. He knew his way around the town VERY well. But as Gregory was running toward the Pizzaplex, looking for a better future, someone nearby had VERY different plans for him.

She was watching the boy from the rooftop, looking for Gregory. She needed to capture him for her master for his return. She HAD to. There was a roaring beast inside of her hungry for blood. It happened after the possession. Glitchtrap was so frightening and so powerful, yet commanding. He was a PART of her now. And he spoke to her from the inside.

"Vanny, is he headed to the Pizzaplex?" Glitchtrap whispered.

"Yes, my Lord," Vanny thought. She felt the cold presence inside grow eerily warm and cool at the same time, like the air before a tornado.

"Good. GOOD. Return to the Pizzaplex. Follow him. Make yourself known, but be subtle. When he gets to the Pizzaplex, kill him," the Entity commanded. Then, the monster within her began to temporarily fade.

Vanny could now focus on her mission. She watched the boy run down the street toward the Pizzaplex at the end of town. As she watched the boy, she began to feel strange things. She felt a hope for the future from that boy, just like what she used to feel. But those old, foreign, soft feelings were crushed. Vanny was alive. And the past was dead.

~~~

Freddy Fazbear was the leader of the Glamrock band. His three band-mates, Roxy, Monty, and Chica, were his closest friends and they had a mutual respect for one another. Together, they brought joy to the children and their companions, through both their music and the attractions each of them ran. However, the Pizzaplex was soon shutting down for maintenance. The animatronics were soon to be confined to their Green Rooms, or even Parts and Service. As Freddy was in his Green Room, preparing for the last performance before closing, he heard the door open.