Chapter 2: Trapped

Author's Note: I combined the first two chapters so I could make each chapter more detailed without drawing out the story like crazy. Don't worry- I didn't delete anything.

"You're coming with me," Vanessa said as she stared at Gregory. Her green eyes were colder than when she first saw him, having returned after the unnatural phenomenon that overtook her when she first met the boy. As she approached Gregory, he pulled his stolen taser out of his pocket and gave Vanessa a good shock. When Vanessa collapsed on the ground, still conscious, Gregory immediately turned around and ran away. Freddy was not far behind him. Eventually, he cornered him by a roll-up door just outside Freddy's Green Room.

"GREGORY. What were you doing?!" Freddy demanded. He was watching, dumbfounded, as Gregory shocked Vanessa to a pulp.

"I had no choice! She was out to get me," Gregory argued desperately.

"Well, it could be because you were here just before closing! We could have discussed our situation with her and maybe she would have let us stay!"

"Freddy, you don't understand. She's out to GET me. She tried to KILL me. That's why I was hiding in your stomach hatch."

Freddy's expression transformed from one of anger to one of shock and utter disbelief.
"She tried to KILL you?!" he exclaimed. Gregory nodded his head with certainty.

"Why would she try to kill you? She's just a Nightguard. I don't recognize you. I have never seen you before, so whatever you did, IF you did anything, couldn't have been THAT bad," Freddy asked, lowering his voice.

"I don't know. But you saw when she was coming, she asked what you were doing there with me. She already wanted me dead, because that taser I used on her was hers. I had no choice, she attacked me! I don't know what to do!" Gregory answered honestly. Freddy tried to come up with an argument against this, but whatever foreign presence inside of him that caused him to collapse began to act up. Right then and there, Freddy connected the dots. Vanessa was the High Alert. That's when he realized Gregory was telling the truth.

"I... believe you. Listen. This place is dangerous for you. We need to get you out. We have approximately a fifteen minute window to get you out of here. I will help you to the exit, but we must take a back way so we are not seen," Freddy said. He opened his stomach hatch for Gregory to climb inside. Then, he kneeled down and allowed Gregory to climb in.

"Be careful, I don't want to get crushed in there!" Gregory warned.

"I will be careful. It will only be for some time," Freddy assured. The two of them walked away from the roll-up door toward a double door, across from the line to enter Freddy's room. Past the double door was a hallway that led right. This hallway was built up of mostly concrete and metal. Then, a set of green metal stairs led downward. The whole place was duller, darker, and colder than the public area of the Pizzaplex.

"What is this place?" Gregory asked.

"We are about to enter the Utility tunnels. These tunnels are connected to every attraction in the Pizzaplex. There is also a way leading directly to the Main Exit. That is our destination," Freddy explained. He walked down the stairs and past many gated off areas scattered across various places off the stairs. Past these chain link fences, you could see strange drone-like machines doing various things, like cleaning or security patrolling. Freddy was able to hide Gregory from them. At the bottom of the stairs, there was one wide tunnel with various equipment and construction materials scattered about. There were a few smaller tunnels that led off this one. The dark concrete room around them was illuminated by orange lighting. As the two were passing by a smaller tunnel, Freddy stopped walking.