Chapter 9: Freddy's Secret

While her two remaining minions were searching for the boy, Vanny was in the cold, dark depths of Parts and Service. She was in a large room, with vanilla yellow brick walls, shiny, light gray concrete flooring, and a large, metal cylinder in the middle. The ventilation grates all around the floors and walls created a fog in some places in the room. This cylinder was mechanized to repair and construct the animatronics of the Pizzaplex, and had many programs designed with it. However, at the moment, it was being used not to repair an animatronic, but to dismember and imprison one. Specifically, Freddy Fazbear.

"Are you going to give me what I want? Or am I going to have to pry it out of you? As much FUN as it would be, I'm on a schedule," Vanny demanded coldly. She was standing outside the cylinder, looking through the window at Freddy's deconstructed form. The machinery had disconnected Freddy's head from his body, and his head was connected to electric wiring provided by the cylinder, meant to keep him functional.

"I will NEVER betray Gregory to you. I don't even know if he's still here!" Freddy replied defiantly. At the mention of Gregory, Freddy beamed with pride.

"Oh, he's here alright! He escaped me once, but eventually, Roxy will have him found. But that's not what I want to know. Wrong answer, pal," Vanny replied disappointingly. Then, she walked up to the programming computer hooked up to the cylinder, meant to choose the procedure being performed. She used it to administer an electric shock to Freddy. As the electricity cracked throughout the animatronic's head, he let out a yell of pain. Eventually, Vanny felt it was time to stop. She pressed the button again, and the surges ceased.

"Ah... If not about Gregory, I do not know what you want!" Freddy said impatiently.

"Don't worry! I'll let you know. You see, this isn't the first time we hunted down a child, and today is NOT Gregory's first night here. However, there's just one key detail that's bothering me- YOU. Why is it that you won't obey? Even if you have no memory, you were alongside your bandmates, leading the hunt for our prey! But things have changed. Freddy doesn't want to play anymore. Tsk tsk tsk..." Vanny sighed. She sounded disappointed rather than eager and demented, almost as if she ENJOYED being with Freddy. Freddy simply wasn't having it. She stared at the woman like she was insane (which she was).

"I don't know what you're taking about! I am protecting Gregory because of my PROGRAMMING. I am forbidden from harming a guest! I must ensure he is safe," Freddy exclaimed.

"LIES! Gregory isn't a guest, he snuck in! But you are helping him anyways. I know it has to do with your breakdown on stage tonight. And the elevator crash. There is something inside of you, Fazbear! I KNOW you're different than the others. I can see it in your EYES!" Vanny exclaimed.

"Er... there is nothing inside of me. I must be... malfunctioning!" Freddy lied nervously. Vanny scoffed. She walked up to the cylinder door and it opened for her. Inside the tube, Freddy was staring into her red eyes on her mask.

Vanny decided to run an experiment with the bear animatronic. She laid her hand on his head and try to tap into his system the way she did with the others, and control him. However, when she did this, she was blocked by an unknown entity. She growled with frustration.

"So... you REALLY don't want to play! It looks like He will have to help me!" Vanny roared. Internally, she called on her master to help hack into Freddy.

"Have your powers left you, child? Why can't you control the bear?" He demanded.

"I don't know! Trust me- you might want to see for yourself," Vanny answered honestly.