5

Narrative

iris pov

"SHES PICKING ME UP IN 30 MINUTES!!" I scream, "WHAT DO I WEAR??"

"let me see the options that you have out right now," Claire says. I hold up the blue jeans and the pink cropped shirt that would go with the jeans. I put those down and then pick up the white two-piece set with a cropped shirt and skirt.

"Definitely the second one," She tells me. I start to put on the outfit when Claire says, "So, what do you think will happen tonight?"

"Well, I'll probably go feral from seeing both Julien Baker and  Paige Bueckers," I answer. She rolls her eyes.

"Hypothetically, if she were to try to kiss you-which I didn't get a single message from Azzi about Paige saying she wanted to- would you kiss her back?" She asks.

"I don't know," I pause, "I think so." I smile at the floor. "I haven't kissed someone in forever. Not since Noah."

"Iris," I look up at her, "I need you to believe me when I say that, you are capable of being loved. Noah was a homophobic bitch who never deserved you. Now don't let that man ruin the fact that you are an amazing, beautiful girl." She smiles, "Also girls are much better kissers than boys, so be prepared."

"Ok," I laugh. 

I finish putting on my clothes and start doing my makeup. I do a simple look with a little bit of shimmery eyeshadow. When I'm done with my makeup I start to put on my black docs when I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, Paige!" I hear Claire say from the living room. I quickly finish tying my shoes and run out of my room. 

I see Paige standing there wearing low-waisted brown cargos, and a cropped white tank top, just high enough to see her soft abs. Oh god, and her arms. I'm mentally on my knees right now. Her silky blonde her falls over her shoulders.

"Hey," She says. I smile at her. "You look great."

"Thank you," I respond. "You look good too."

"Okay love-birds, get out," Claire says, "Azzi and coming over to spend the night, so leave." I laugh, "In the nicest way possible," She says.

I go in front of Paige and start walking out the door. She puts her hand on the small of my back and my heart skips a beat.