8

Narrative & insta

Paige pov

"I'm pretty sure we're getting a new player," Azzi tells me.

"Who?" I ask.

"I don't know her name, but she's a transfer from Ohio State," She says.

"Ew," I say. Azzi laughs.

"Apparently she's really good," She says.

"How old is she?" I ask.

"Junior I'm pretty sure," She answers.

"Listen up everyone!" Geno yells. everyone turns to look at him.

"We have a new player joining us," He tells us. "I expect that you will treat her with respect."

I see a blonde girl walk into the gym. She's wearing Nike Pros, a UConn sweatshirt, and has gum in her mouth. 

"Hey!" She says to us. "I'm Hadley, I came from Ohio State and I'm very excited to play with you guys."

"Clearly not that excited to play if you're wearing Nike Pros to basketball," Azzi whispers to me.

I laugh at her comment.

"What's funny, Bueckers?" Geno asks me. i like it a lot more when Iris says it.

"Nothing, sorry," I reply.

"No, what's funny? If something was said about Hadley, I would like to know." He asks again.

"Um-" I start.

"No, it's fine. It doesn't really matter to me," She says. 

I mouth 'thank you' to her and she winks. she winks.

"Okay everyone, pair up and do what I told you to do before," Geno says. "And Paige, since you clearly have stuff to say about Hadley, you're going to pair up with her."

I give Azzi a look before walking over to Hadley. 

"Hey!" She says.

"Hi," I reply.

"I'm kind of confused about what we're doing. Can you help me?" She asks.

"Um- sure," I answer.