20

narrative & insta

Iris pov

I walk into the office and see Alice and Lillian sitting on opposite sides of the room. super weird considering they're always all over each other.

"hi guys," I say slowly.

"hi," Lillian sounds really upset.

"hi," Alice whispers.

I scrunch my eyebrows before walking over to my desk and sitting down. I see that Lillian's nose is really red and her eyes are wet.

"alright," I stand up. they both turn to look at me. "what is going on?"

"nothing," they say in unison.

"bull. shit."

"it's nothing," Alice says. "we don't need you getting into some thirty three year olds drama."

"so it's just some drama?" Lillian turns to her.

"yes," Alice responds.

"you truly don't give a shit!" Lillian says.

"are you fucking kidding me?!" Alice yells. "I've been crying for the last five days!"

"sure didn't seem like it when you leave for a 'bathroom break' and just not come back." Lillian replies.

"those extended bathroom breaks are me sobbing in the bathroom!" Alice yells.

I stand here in shock. did they break up? yes. yes, they broke up. wow. how? why? when? I don't even think they realize im here anymore.

"it doesn't even seem like you care about me anymore!" Lillian yells.

Alice looks really hurt by that. "did you not hear a single word I said before I left?"

"what do you mean?" Lillian asks.

"'thinking about all the things I would never get to do with you'," she quotes.

"and what would those things be?" Lillian asks.

"alright," Alice sighs. "I know this might not seem like much, but I've never said this to any girlfriend before."

"okay?" Lillian says.

"I would never get to say that I love you."

"what?" Lillian whispers.

"I love you," Alice answers.

Lillian stares at her before a tear falls down her cheek.

"fuck," Alice whispers. "im leaving now."

does Lillian not fucking love Alice??? I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging open.

"wait!" Lillian runs after Alice.

Alice pov

I take long strides out of the office. I can't handle this embarrassment anymore. she doesn't even fucking love me.

"wait!" I hear her voice behind me.

I turn around to see her crying.

"what?" I ask, eager to go home and cry.

"I love you too," she says. "I love you so much Alice. more than you could ever imagine."

I stare at her.

"please say something," she begs.

I close the gap between us and kiss her passionately. my hands cup her jaw and I have to lean over from her short height.