Thirteen

Danni

                I lie in bed, mulling over the revelations the guys shared tonight about their father and their willingness to aid me in uncovering the truth behind my parents' murder and the identity of the perpetrator. It's what brought me here, but I never imagined they'd offer their support.

              "Hey Danni, are you alright? We noticed the guys escorting you out of the party. What's going on?" Sally inquires. "Yes, I'm fine," I assure her, motioning them into the room and closing the door behind them. "What's the situation, Danni?" Daisy Mae probes.

              "The guys have pledged to assist me in bringing their father to justice for my parents' murder and the attempt on my life," I disclose, watching their eyes widen in shock. "What the hell?" Daisy exclaims.

               I merely shrug, pondering the same question. "Where are the guys now?" Sally presses. "Not sure, they mentioned they'd be out for the rest of the night," I inform them.

              Sally inquires if I'm comfortable sleeping alone in the room. "Yes, I'll manage," I assure her before reclining in bed, preparing for sleep. As the girls depart and shut their bedroom doors, I shut my eyes, attempting to rest. However, throughout the night, the memory of that man's touch haunts me, causing unease. I toss and turn until my bedroom door creaks open. Pretending to be asleep, I hope the guy will leave, but to no avail. He climbs into bed behind me, his arms enveloping me. Peeking at his tattoos, I recognize Ace's familiar ink. I often ponder if he isolates himself to have me all to himself, a notion I find puzzling given our differences.

           Ace props himself up on his elbow, trailing kisses down my neck, eliciting pleasure. Despite the desire to reciprocate, fear restrains me, fearing his intentions. Perhaps I'm ready for more, but the fear of humiliation holds me back. Unlike previous encounters, Ace's touch feels different tonight.

         His hand ventures beneath my shirt, igniting sensations as he finds my breast. I arch in response. "Turn over," he commands, and I comply, meeting his gaze. His tenderness unsettles me more than his usual demeanor.

         Before I comprehend, Ace undresses me, positioning himself between my legs. "What are you doing?" I stammer, panic rising. "Something I've never done before—making love," he declares, triggering my survival instincts. I attempt to push him away, but he remains steadfast. "Relax, Danni, I won't hurt you," he reassures, but uncertainty grips me. Despite my reservations, pleasure begins to eclipse my apprehension. "What's amusing?" I inquire. "Nothing, just the power of distraction," he replies, his smile unwavering. "Ironically, it was the very thing troubling me," I confess.

       Ace bends down and presses his lips against mine once more. "Are you alright, Danni?" he inquires, and I respond with a shake of my head, then let out a moan, his name escaping my lips. He has a way of eliciting such intense pleasure from me, so effortlessly.

      Ace lowers himself, planting kisses along my shoulder before trailing down to my breast, taking the right one into his mouth and sucking until I can't help but moan louder. "Ace," I gasp.

      "Yes, Danni?" he murmurs softly. "I'm going to pick up the pace, Danni. Let go for me," he urges, and I comply, unable to resist. I cry out his name as waves of pleasure wash over me.

        Moments later, Ace eases off, lying down beside me before gently turning me onto my side and pulling me close, spooning me from behind.

       "Danni, I'm going back out front with my brothers. Don't be surprised if one of them comes in here and lays with you," Ace informs me, leaving me with an unsettling feeling. "I'm not your guys' plaything," I retort, feeling a surge of defiance as I leave the room to head into the bathroom to freshen up. A moment later, the bathroom door swings open, and Seth saunters in. "What do you want?" I inquire, somewhat annoyed.