F O R T Y T W O

Song: Get him back
Artist's Name: Olivia Rodrigo
___________
-🌼-

"Baby!!"
I snapped my head towards Elijah to see him calling Inez down. As soon as Inez reached him, he kissed her passionately.

I quickly look away feeling tears burning in my eyes. I look down, continuing to eat my cereal, as I hear footsteps approach me.

A shadow suddenly shades me. I look across me, to see inez and Elijah standing in front of me by the counter.

I looked down as quickly as I could. "Hey summer, how are you?" I gulped my tears not looking at her.

"I'm.. g-good.." I reply, my voice breaking at the end. "Are you.. okay summer? What's wrong?" She asks me concerned.

I look up, at her as she stares at me with a concerned look. Suddenly Inez's phone rings.

"Oh, gotta take this." She kissing Elijah, before running towards upstairs. Elijah somehow stayed.

I locked eyes with him. He glared at me narrowing his eyes. He suddenly clenched his jaw.

He probably saw the tears in my eyes. I stand up, and take my dishes to the sink. I wipe my tears before quickly walking away.

I feel like I'm going to have a panic at— "Are you seriously gonna leave again?" Elijah's voice echoing through he hallways cut me off.

I froze in my spot, as I hear footsteps approaching me. "You're seriously not going to apologize to me?"

"For what Elijah?" I managed to speak up. He scoffs at me, "What do you mean for what? You know exactly the reason why summer. You fucking broke up with me for no reason and left me for four years." He said obviously hurt.

"Elijah—" He cut me off again by groaning. "Why won't you just fucking say why?"

"ELIJAH I'VE TRIED SO MANY TIMES TO EXPLAIN. BUT YOU ALWAYS CUT ME OFF." I shout, causing him to glare at me.

"OKAY THEN. EXPLAIN." He stands there waiting for me to speak up. "Do you remember four years ago? When we just got back from the trip from Los Angeles, and I we were official?" He nods looking at me confused.

"The moment we went to school, when I said I have to go to class.. I saw.. Inez crying. I approached her, and she said that she just found out that we were official. She felt really sad, and I know what she felt.. and.. she was yours in the first place.. so.. I broke up with you, and told my dad to let me love with him there for a long time, so I can move on from you.. better.." I say.

I didn't even realize the tears were falling, until Elijah wiped it off with his thumb. "Why would you do that?"
"It was the right thing to do Elijah, and I hope you can forgive me still."
He looked at me with concern and sadness in his eyes, before he..

Hugged me.