10 || Tetraspis Orchid

☾• 𝐑 𝐀 𝐑 𝐄 𝐒 𝐙 •☽

☾• 𝐑 𝐀 𝐑 𝐄 𝐒 𝐙 •☽

I Can't Sleep ~ Sarina

"Thirty minutes later, you're still on your phone," Izaiah patted my back before sitting beside me, "you're absolutely whipped."

"I know. I haven't seen her for the past two weeks," I shrugged, switching my phone off and facing him.

"Still thinking about a date idea? Why don't you ask her where she wants to go?" He took a sip of his water.

We were out playing some golf, our favourite pastime sport. We were fond of going to the gym, but we were also quite savvy concerning golf.

"It's actually my turn. She chose the restaurant we ate out at the last time." I exhaled deeply.

"Man, that's tough. See what happens when you're addicted to clubbing? Hm? You're suffering the repercussions after twenty-seven years," he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"We all start somewhere, Izaiah. I think I'm getting the hang of it, it's a process." I leaned back on the couch, pushing my dark shades over the bridge of my nose.

"True. Well, why don't you go for a picnic or shit? Girls like those kinds of scenarios," he ran a hand through his hair.

"Nah, it's overused now. Don't do it man," Miguel interrupted us, settling on the other side of me.

"Remind me never to consult the both of you for a business decision." They both laughed at my remark.

"Since Miguel gets all the good girls, let him recommend something," Izaiah mocked, adjusting his visor over his head.

"Indeed. I'd say, bring her to tomorrow's dinner at my place. A lot of friends are coming over, it's going to be fun and it means she gets to meet your side of the world, Rareșz." He said with a wink.

"That wouldn't be so bad. What would I introduce her as anyway? We're not official yet," I probed in thought.

"Just tell them she's a friend. I think she likes quiet relationships, so you've got to learn to be private about your little thing," Izaiah raised his bottle.

"That's a great idea. I'll ask her about it," I shrugged, smiling when I noticed my phone ringing.

"Ou, would you look at that? She calls you now?" Miguel was peeking, and I took it before he answered.

"None of your business," I got up from the couch, answering the call with a bigger smile.

We really were making a lot of progress. She responded to calls and messages these days.

"Hey, love," I removed my glasses, as though they would affect my hearing. I wanted to be at full attention while her pretty voice spoke to me.

"Rareșz, hi. I just, just called to say hello. I'm on a work break," it felt so great to hear her voice once again. The same voice that was moaning in my dreams.