16

I wake up, checking the time on my phone and realizing that it's evening.

Damn, how long did I sleep? Feeling kind of hungry, I leave the room and walk to the seating area where I find Vicky and Sofia just seated and talking.

"I'm so hungry," I say as I sit across from them.

"See that tablet-looking thing inserted in your table?" Vicky asks.

I look down and see it. "Yeah," I respond.

"Order anything on it, and an attendant will bring it out for you soon. Damn, this plane is modern."

I tap the screen, and it switches on, bringing me a variety of food and drinks that I can choose from.

I just choose a simple pizza and some orange juice, but trust me, if I wanted to go fancy, I could've.

In no time, an attendant brings out my food and places it on my table.

"Thank you," I say, and she responds with a smile before leaving.

As I finish eating my food, I notice the plane starting to descend.

Are we already in Spain?

"We're here!" Vicky exclaims, her voice filled with amusement.

I wish I could be as happy to be here, but sadly, I can't because I'm miles away from my best friend and family.

"It's only for a few months," I mutter to myself as everybody, including Luciano, starts leaving the plane, and I just follow them.

Once out of the plane, I notice how pitch black it is outside.

"Ariella, you'll come into my limo with me," he says, and the rest of his team automatically goes into another limo.

"Hey, Taylor," Luciano says to the man holding the door open for us. "Good to have you back, boss," Taylor responds.

"This is my wife, Ariella," he says before we both get into the limo.

Once in the limo, "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Delgado."

What the heck? He just called me...

"Nice to meet you, Taylor," I try to sound polite.

As he drives, I notice how long the drive is. We finally arrive at a large gate, where Taylor sounds the hooter, and the gate is opened automatically before we drive into the driveway.

Luciano's mansion is breathtaking, with its yards and cars.

Taylor walks out and opens a door for us before we get out of the car.

I follow Luciano behind as he walks towards the front door of his mansion, opening it with some keys.

It appears that the rest of his team aren't here yet.

When I get into the house, I am completely amazed by how gorgeous and huge his house is.

A middle-aged woman walks towards us. "Mr. Delgado, it's great to have you back," she says.

"Thanks," he responds.

"Matilda, this is Ariella, my wife. Ariella, this is Matilda, my housekeeper," he introduces.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Delgado," she says politely.

My second time being called that tonight.

"Please call me Ariella," I request.

"As you wish," she says.

"Please make her feel at home," Luciano says, and Matilda nods before we make our way upstairs.

He gestures toward the door. "This is your room."I'll have Matilda bring up your bags," he says.

"This is my room," he gestured to the door opposite mine, "if you need anything."

"Okay," I respond before going into the room. It looks really good . I settled into one of the chairs, eagerly awaiting Matilda's arrival with my suitcases.

After a few minutes of waiting, I finally heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said, and she walked in with my suitcases.

"Thank you so much," I said politely before she left my room.

*****

I spent the whole of last night unpacking my clothes and organizing them in my closet.

Feeling hungry, I head downstairs to the kitchen where I find Matilda cooking, with Sofia and Vicky seated behind the kitchen counter.

"Good morning, Ariella," Matilda greets.

"Good morning," I respond, pulling a chair beside Sofia and Vicky.

"Can I make you anything for breakfast?" Matilda offers.

I hesitate, but she insists, "Oh, no, you wouldn't be bothering me, it's my job."

"Okay, pancakes, please," I request.

"Would you like some fruit with your pancakes?" she asks.

"Yes, blueberries and strawberries," I reply.

As Matilda starts preparing my meal, Sofia asks, "How'd you sleep?"

"Good, enough for someone who just got married to someone she doesn't actually love," I say, and Sofia chuckles.

"I'm sure Luciano won't really bother you, so you have nothing to worry about," she reassures me.

Sureee.

Once Matilda finishes preparing my food, she serves it to me on a plate, along with orange juice and maple syrup.

"Thank you so much," I express my gratitude.

She gives me a smile before returning to the stove.

I dig into my pancakes as I chat with Vicky and Sofia. While eating, I notice Luciano storming out of the house through the front door.

Luciano Rey Delgado

Today, I woke up to a phone call from Bruno informing me that one of our shipments had been stolen by Carlos, of course. I've had enough of his bullshit.

Storming out of the house, I stride to my black Mercedes, start the engine, and pull out of the garage. Driving to my warehouse, I'm seething with anger. Not even a day in Spain, and Carlos is already finding ways to mess with me.

Once I arrive at the warehouse, I park my car and storm in.

"Where the fuck are they!?" I yell, marching towards Bruno and Rafael.

"They're in the back room," Bruno replies.

We have a back room in all my warehouses where I deal with people.

As Carlos' men were caught stealing from me, Daniel and Rafael managed to capture two of them.

Last time we caught one, I told my men to bring him to Brazil, but Mateo lost his temper and killed him. For what reason? I don't know.

I stride to the back room, pushing open the heavy door before entering. Inside, I find two men tied to chairs with duct tape over their mouths.

Standing in front of them, I bark, "I'm not in the mood for charades. Once I remove your duct tape, I need you to start answering my questions. Otherwise, I won't hesitate to blow your brains out."

The men visibly tremble in their chairs.

With both hands, I tear off their duct tape.

"Where does Carlos take all my shipments?" I demand.

"We're not telling you anything," one of the guys defiantly replies.

"Wrong answer," I say, pulling the gun from my waistband and striking him with it. The metal colliding with his skull creates a sharp, sickening sound.

Thank you so so much for reading.
Toodles loves.