33

My apologies for the confusion. Here's the rewritten first part:

"Let me come with," Lia insists. "She's my best friend."

"It's too dangerous, Lia, but I promise I'll get her back."

Mateo, Bruno, and I head to the location Carlos gave me yesterday. Exiting the house, we get into the hired Mercedes. We go over the plan in the car before we finally arrive.

The limo drops us off at the gate of what appears to be a house. Opening the small window in the gate, a man sees us before opening it. He leads us inside, and the house is indeed empty. Holding the divorce papers in my hand, I hope our plan will work. He then leads us to a room, pushing the door open, and we walk in. The sight inside infuriates me-Ariella tied to a chair with Carlos standing beside her, a table in front of her. My blood boils, and I feel like killing every single person Carlos loves.

Two men come and search us for weapons, a mere formality that I doubt is effective. "Good to see you, Delgado," Carlos says, a smirk playing on his lips. After years of searching for this asshole, he's finally standing in front of me.

As instructed, I approach the table, never taking my eyes off Ariella, who stares right back at me. Once I step back, Carlos examines the envelope with my signature. He unties Ariella and hands her a pen, instructing her to sign the papers. I give her a slight nod, urging her to comply. When she signs, a triumphant grin spreads across Carlos's face.

"Finally, you two are not married anymore," he chuckles. "Unfortunately, you already managed to get her pregnant, but that's okay. We can just tell your child that you didn't love him, and I can raise him instead," Carlos says, his words piercing through me like knives, as I hear Bruno and Mateo gasp behind me.

"Pregnant?" Mateo's voice wavers.

"Yep, Luciano knocked up your sister," Carlos says arrogantly.

I'm speechless, utterly speechless. We had sex without protection, but she assured me she was on birth control. And now she's pregnant.

Me? A father.

Damn, I don't even know how to react.

"It was supposed to be me," his tone shifts.

No way in hell would I let this bastard raise my child

"Anyway, you three can say bye to Ariella because this is the last time you're gonna see her," he says.

I chuckle, "Dumbass," before bending down and pulling my pistol out of my sock, shooting Carlos in the leg, making sure not to harm Ariella.

Bruno and Mateo also had guns tucked in their socks, and they already have them out, pointed at two of the guys.

Carlos' stupid men didn't search properly.

Ariella stands up from her chair. I don't even know how to react. She walks towards me and gives me a hug. I hug her back.

But as I'm hugging her, Carlos, lying on the floor behind her, pulls out his gun. Just before he can do anything, I manage to spin Ariella around and have her protected by my body.

Carlos shoots me in the leg, and trust me, it hurts like a bitch, and I fall to my knees.

Before he can make another shot, Ariella grabs the gun from my hand and shoots his right hand.

Walking towards him, she looks down at his body.

"Ariella, I..." he starts.

"Don't you say a word. Do you know how much you put me through, Carlos? Do you? No, you don't. You have put me through so much pain and torture," she says.

"You have traumatized me." She points the gun at his skull and shoots him.

Watching as the blood drips out of his wound, she's been staring at him for 2 minutes straight.

Mateo and Bruno shoot the two men who were left alive.

Mateo walks over to his sister, and Bruno comes to me and helps me stand up.

"I... I can't believe he's dead. After all he's done, he is dead," Ariella says.

"He is, M. It's time for you to forget about his sorry ass and move on," Mateo says.

I manage to hire another car, and I tell my pilot to have my plane ready because we are flying back to Spain tonight.

*****

We arrived in Spain safely a few hours ago. Lia was very happy to see her best friend, and Ariella's dad is not going to kill me... well, maybe he will for making her pregnant.

"Are you really pregnant?" I question.

"Yep, I did a test, and it came out positive," she confirms.

"And I know it's yours because you are the last guy I've had sex with," she adds.

"But you told me you were on birth control," I say, confused.

"Yeah, well... I thought I had renewed it, but really I hadn't," she explains.

Fuck, this is real.

I explain to her that the signature on the paper wasn't mine, so even if Carlos were still alive, we would still be married.

I lean in to kiss her, holding both sides of her face."Fuck, I love you," I blurt out, and she pulls away.

What did I just fucking say?

She looks at me, "You what?"

"I think I love you too," she leans back in, and I kiss her passionately.

I have never felt this way about anyone. Feeling the need to protect someone, feeling so uncomfortable when they are not around.

Fuck, I do love her, don't I?

"I promise to take care of our child and you," I place a hand on her stomach.

Ariella Anna Accardi

I'm back home safely, with Luciano and everyone else. The only thing that would make this better is if my parents and the rest of Mateo's team were here too.

Minutes ago, Luciano told me he loves me, and I said it back to him.

But there's still one thing I need to tell him.

"Luciano, Sofia wanted me to tell you something," I begin.

"What is it?" He questions curiously.

"Her and Daniel are dating," I confess.

Anger visibly shows on his face. "What?" He exclaims.

"Daniel is dating my sister!?"

Thanks so much for reading.
Toodles.