Part 1

5:45pm

It was the 2 weeks holiday for Easter, thank god because college was beginning to stress me out to say the least. Right now I was chilling outside in my garden, the sun beaming with light while I hopefully get a tan from it. My older brother Derek was in the kitchen just about to join me, he's 21 now, the age sounds mature but he's definitely still a big baby.
I was already planning what to do today as it is a Saturday and I can't just sit in the garden all day. I could go out with Kate if she's not doing anything. Kate is one of my Best friends and we've known each other since we were 8. Love her!

"Here you go" Derek passed me a glass of orange juice.
"Wowwww Derek actually made ME a drink" I joked
"Don't get too used to it, I'm feeling kind"
"Well thank you, sir" I mocked
"How is college anyway, mum said you and Joshua are hitting it off."
I gave a disgusted look
"mum always gets stuff twisted"
"Looks like someone is trying to cover up their crush" he teases me.
"Derek... he's gay"
there was a long pause and we both bursted out laughing
"So, what is the plans for the life of Derek" I asked
"Not much, might go on a drive in a bit do you wanna come?"
"Only if Kate can come I was planning on doing something with her today anyway"
He rolled his eyes playfully
"yes okay, I'm basically your Uber for both of you now"
"I'll be able to drive in July chilllll"
he playfully hit my arm.
"Okay well I'm going to get dressed out of my bikini and in to some nice lovely dress"
I stretched getting up
"You do that, when your ready let me know and we'll leave"
I gave him the thumbs up as I walked away, not even bothering to look at him. 

7:28pm

"Are you ready yet?"
Derek shouted from downstairs.
"Yes just a moment!"
I quickly touched up some more blush and ran downstairs.
"It took you 2 hours for this?"
Derek questioned me with his one eyebrow raised.
"Duh, girl things Derek you wouldn't understand"
I teased.
"Is Kate ready?" He asked
"Yes don't you worry your little mega mind, she's ready"
"Okay then let's go."
We both left saying goodbye to mum before we left. She was going out anyway tonight on some date I think, least someone is getting action tonight.

-

We got Kate and was now driving around Hollywood blasting tears for fears in Derek's car, I loved his car because it never has a roof. I feel like roofs are so ugly on cars but obvious useful for when it's raining.

I looked over at kate who was in the front seat staring at my brother driving like he was some kind of food, I think she has a crush on him it's obvious, at this point I'm just waiting for her to tell me.
"What you been doing in your life then Kate?"
My brother asks
"Oh nothing fun, very lonely and single life" she giggled
"Right right how long has it been since you and Malcolm broke up?"
He asked showing sympathy
"About 5 months now, doesn't feel like it was that short though, feels like a lifetime ago"
she looks down at her hands.
My brother notices and smiles at her
"it will do, but it's not the end of the world.. like my dad always says there's a lot of fish out there, not one is going to ruin your life"
They both looked at each other, god sake I can see the hunger in both of them.
"Okayyyyyyyyy" I said reaching my hand to the radio but secretly cutting off their eye contact. I don't care if they actually like each other I just don't want to see the cringy parts.
They both catch on to what I was doing and cleared their throats.
"Oh yeah I'm going to drop something off to Christian" my brother blurts out
"What are you dropping off?" I question
"Some things he left at the house" my brother said a bit more quietly.
"I know what that means then." I scoffed
My brother sighed "it's his life, not ours"
"Yeah and he's going to end it fast if he doesn't stop." I spat.