Part 12

Wednesday,

4:15pm

I just finished college, thank god, everyone just annoys me. I'm definitely not a people's person, I hate small talk and fake laughs.
I haven't seen Christian since Monday, I know he's okay though because we text and call all the time. We've both just been busy, he's been at work, yes he's got a job now, proud of him, he does brick laying. I've been busy at college and so we're both pretty tired all the time. Weekends are probably best.

I get on the bus, and see Kate also sat on the bus alone in the corner with her headphones in. I smile at her, and her face brightens up when she sees me,
"Thank god you're here, I thought you was going to miss it. This bus stinks like shit."
She says making me laugh,
"Apparently Derek and Christian are going on a drive today so I thought maybe I could come over to yours?" She asks.
"Oh? Christian's choosing Derek over me I see how it is." I say crossing my arms.
"And yes you can come mine, of course you can, I think mums ordering anyway tonight so you choice a good night." I wink.

-

5:02pm

Me and Kate barge through the door,
"MUM" I shout
Me and my mum have been fine, she obviously hates Christian, but we don't mention him anymore, I mean she didn't yesterday and we got on.
"In here!" She shouts back from the kitchen. There she is sat down at the table, playing candy crush on her phone.
I sit down next to her and Kate sits down by her other side.
"So what's for dinner?" I ask
"Yeahh.... What's for dinner?" Kate says moving her eyes brows up and down.
"What do you want to order?" My mum sighs saying that with no emotion whatsoever.
Me and Kate both jump up in the air and high five each other,
"Chinese." I say.
"Chinese" Kate says.
"Chinese it is" my mum says in defeat.

-

5:56pm

Me and Kate were laying on the bed when the doorbells rings!
"CHINESE"
We both shout and run down the stairs, we open the door and the delivery man is quite taken back by the way we snatch it and take it to the kitchen, my mum standing there thanking the poor man.
My mum walks into the kitchen,
"You didn't even say thank you" she laughs at us.
"Oh well, he knows what we meant when we grabbed it out of his hand" I say.
"Dish mine up for me girls"
my mum says as she sits down at the table, going on her phone.
"Gosh I'm so hungry." I say
"Me too!" Kate shouts overreacting.

We finish plating up the food and join my mother, she's fixated on her phone... and she says I'm addicted.
"Mum your food." I say.
She puts her phone down and starts eating.
"How was college then, girls."
She asks with a mouthful of Chinese.
"Boring" I say
"Really good" Kate says
"Why was it boring, then Emily?"
My mother asks me.
"Because it just was, we did nothing but write and watch videos today.. it was just boring and waste of my time." I say
"Yeah but it gives you education for when you want to be a hairdresser" she tells me.
"True." I say.

Just as we were in the middle of talking to Kate about her life my mum gets an anonymous call, my mum looks at her phone confused and decides to ignore it.
"Probably those people that say stuff about your car and all that" Kate says.
Then my phone starts to ring, I look at my mum and we all stop what we're doing.
"Emily, answer it." My mum says.
I walk over to my phone on the kitchen side...
"Mum it's the same number that called you"
"ANSWER IT FOR GOD SAKES EMILY"
my mum pushes me out the way and answers my phone.
I stand there confused, Kate looks at me with a weird look and I shrug.
"Hello?" My mum says.
"Yes this is Emily speaking."
"Oh... what do you mean?"
"Excuse me?"
Kate gets up from the table and stands next to me, all we could do was listen to what my mum was saying, I was watching as her emotions went from happy to confused to worried to anxious and to scared.
"Where is my son!" She shouts down the phone starting to cry.
"Is he okay? Please! Please!"
I grab my phone from my mums hand and put it on loud speaker, there's an officer speaker on the phone, we all hear as he continues,