Part 4

Thursday

2:34pm

"Don't stress over it, Christian played most 'popular' girls at our school." Kate says biting in her ice cream.
"Yeah like who?" I ask.
"Olivia, Freya, Angelica, Sarah, Sophie, Paula, Poppy... do I need say more?"
"No, I think that's enough." I said
Never in my life have I felt so used. I hate him. I'm going to hit him with my shoe.
"Don't you just love the beach though, it's so pretty" Kate says, admiring the landscape in front of us.

"Yeah, it is... I just imagine coming down here in 10 years.. we're married, got children and we're happy; everything that happened before that we can just laugh about because it doesn't matter anymore... because everything turned out right in the end." I smiled to myself.
"That is my dream, to see you happy and to see us both happy." Kate said sounding as if she was about to cry.
I hugged her,
"I love you so much"
"I love you too."
We backed up out of the hug but I feel something wet on me....
"YOUR ICE CREAM HAS MADE ITS WAY ONTO MY TOP!" I shout.
"MY POOR ICE CREAM" she shouts back.
I side eye her and throw the ice cream out of her hand and wrestle her in the sand. We both laugh at each other.

"Do I need to be concerned?" I voice said stopping me and Kate in our tracks.
Me and Kate looked up and both our jaws drop. Matthew...... MY CHILDHOOD CRUSH...... he's so fit now. I mean he always was but DAMN.....don't even get me started on his accent.... HES FROM TEXAS!

I get up and brush the sand off of me,"Matt hey" I smile

"Matt hey" I smile.
"What were you just doing?" He laughed
"She got ice cream on me if you can't tell."
"She hugged me, ACTUALLY so that's why that was caused." Kate says.
"That don't look like ice cream, Emily.... You been getting busy I see"
I realise what he's getting at and my eyes go wide,
"What!? NO"
He giggles
"I'm just joking, just joking. How have you both been though haven't seen you in ages"
"I've been fine thank you, need to get a job though but other than that just enjoying the two weeks I have off" I smile... I'm smiling too much.
"Yeah literally the same" Kate laughs.
"You?" I ask
"Well I have a full time job now, recently passed my driving test so that's handy."
He says proud of himself.
"You lucky bitch" I say.
"Yeah maybe I could take you for a ride, if your not busy some time."
My heart beats faster and faster until I have to answer,
"Yeah sure, I'm free whenever."
"Good good, you going anywhere right now?" He smirks at me.
I look at Kate who then looks at me.
"No she's not doing anything." Kate says for me.
Matthew just smiles at me.
"Alright, alright, alright." Matthew says strongly in his Texas accent.
I just nervously laugh at him.
"Come on, I promise I'm not ted bundy, we'll go McDonald's or somewhere." He says.
"YES" Kate shouts.
Me and Matthew both cover our ears and laugh.

-

3:25pm

Right now we're in McDonald's car park eating. Kate sat in the back.
"So how come you was at the beach by yourself then?" I ask Matthew.
"I was actually leaving the gym, then I was walking to my car and saw both of you being weird as usual."
He says before taking another bite of his burger.
"Eating a burger after the gym, naughty" I say.
"Oh well, I'll just burn it off tomorrow." He smiles at me.
I look down a bit flustered. I've always wanted Matthew to like me, for as long as I can remember.
"So do you go college now?" He asks me.
"Yeah I do hair and beauty. So does Kate, I think it's the easiest thing to go into."
"Yeah, is it good?" He asks.
"It's alright, just got to get the right training I guess." He nods at my answer.
I notice Kate is quiet in the back so I look behind me, there she is smiling at her phone texting someone. My instinct is to grab her phone, so I do just that.
"Who are you te-" I look at her phone and cover my mouth.
"Emily I-" Kate says worried.
"I KNEW IT HAHAHAHA" I laugh.
Kate looks at me confused.
"Awh Kate I'm not angry at you, I knew you and my brother liked each other, it's cute... I love you both so why wouldn't I be happy for you two."
I hold her hand.
"Emily, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder... I thought you was going to be mad and so did Derek."
I smiled "no of course I'm not mad."
Although I am pissed that I can except the fact they want to be together but Derek didn't like me and Christian. But we move, because Christian is not a nice person.

"Who's that about, your brother?" Matthew asks putting all the rubbish into one bag.
"Yesss and it's cute." I say.
"Yeah that is to be fair." He agrees.
He opens the door to put the rubbish in the bin, but I stop him.
"I'll do it, you brought us it so I can at least do this." I giggle.
"No it's okay, I got it."
He puts his hand in mine quickly before stepping out of the car.

I turn around to Kate who has her mouth agap,
"YOU SAW THAT!?" I say
"Duh" she says back.
"If you and Matthew end up together, your younger self is screaming right now." Kate laughed.
"God I know." I smile.
Matthew comes back and smiles at us both.
We smile back as if we didn't just overthink the fact he grabbed my hand.
"I'll drop you lot home." He smiled at me.
"Thank you so much." Kate says and I say right after.

-

5:45pm

We arrive at my house, there's loud music coming from Dereks bedroom. I roll my eyes, knowing that Christian is probably round again.
"Here you go." Matthew says.
"Thank you Matthew. I'll message you." I say
"Yeah okay do you want me to walk you to your door?" He asks.
"Yeah of course" I smile at him.
All three of us step out the car and I look at the front door and there stands Derek, Christian and Toby. Just staring.
I stop Matthew mid-way because I don't want them being horrible if they're drunk. "Thank you for the ride, I'll message you."
"Yeah course no problem, and you better." Matthew looks at Derek then back to me, almost as if he was a bit intimidated.

Just before Matthew walks off he kisses my cheek, making me all flustered and have a butterfly explosion

I walk up to the door and wave one more time to Matthew and he waves back. I look at Derek who's staring at me,

"What?" I say before walking past them all and going into the garden with Kate. Totally ignoring Christian.

Me and Kate just start laughing because of these past few days. They've been wild. Just as we were about to speak, Derek comes outside and comes up to me.
"I heard you know about me and Kate." He says.
"Yeah I do, and I love it.. I love both of you." I say
He messes up my hair and says "thank you, you saved a lot of drama."
He walks over to Kate and she gets up and lets him sit down, he then taps his lap and she sits on him.
I just smile because I know they've been waiting ages to be able to do that. Kate then turns to him and pecked his lips.
"Well this is going to take some getting used to" I laugh.
"Well now you know and your fine with it, we'll be doing it a lot." Derek says.
"Great" I roll my eyes.
"So who was that guy?" Derek asks.
"THAT was Matthew, used to be Emily's crush and I think he likes her." Kate couldn't wait to say.
"Kate!" I chuck a pebble at her.
"I mean he seemed decent, he wasn't trampy, and he drove you home." Derek says.
"Yeah, he's always been like that thought, he's just a nice guy." I say
"Has he always kissed you on the cheek?" Derek asks.
"Well no-" I say but Derek interrupts me.
"Then there's your answer, he does like you."
I just look down to floor in thought.

I look over to Dereks window where Christian is seen smoking a cigarette, he looks down at me and then chucks his cigarette to the floor, shutting my brothers window. Someone's mad?

-