Part 3

8:30am

Monday.

I woke up today with a massive migraine, my head hurt like hell. This always happens to me in the summer, I always get ill when I don't want to be, but when I want to be ill I'm not. Typical.

I walk downstairs to get some paracetamol, somethings strange though... it's too quiet.
"Derek!?" I shout.
No answer
"Mum!?" I shout.
No answer
Huh that's weird, well i mean it is a hot day in the middle of summer break so.

I walk back upstairs and get into the shower, the warm water smoothing my ill form. I step out of the shower and into some clean pyjamas. I feel like drowning in my own sickness today and watching films. I go back downstairs and open a window because it's absolutely boiling today. I turn on the tv and decide to watch 'Breaking Bad' for the first time. Yes don't judge me, I haven't watched it yet.

-

10:34am

*Kate new phone*

I answer the phone, Kate's probably wanted to rot in sickness with me.
"Hello" I say
"Heyyyy, do you wanna do something today.. you could come round mine or I could come over?"
Already I feel like I have no energy even hearing the words 'do something'
"I can't lie Kate I'm so ill today I've got a massive migraine, you can come over here I'm just watching tv and chilling out."
She laughs "yeah I'll come over, do you want anything from the shop?"
"Yes I need ice"
"No problem"

I wonder where Derek is so I decide to ring him.
He picks up within a second
"Hello"
"Yeah Derek where are you?"
"I'm just with the boys right now I'll be home soon, why?"
"Because I'm ill so please don't have anyone round today I just want to chill out, I don't mind 1 or 2 but not a full house"
"Yeah okay no problem."
Thank god for that, the only annoying thing about having a brother is how many friends he invites over. My mum messaged me earlier to tell me she was going away for 2 days for a work thingy I don't even know.

I just can't stop thinking about Christian though, im just so confused because why am I catching feelings so fast. Every guy I've been with it took me 2 weeks to get to know them until i started liking them, with Christian I hated him.. met him... fell in love with him. Joking but I like him. A lot.
He was so gentle with me yesterday but I don't know his smirk just feels like he's playing me and hes so confident with this stuff meaning that he's done it to other girls.. just makes me insecure.

-

11.04am

Kate walks in "HELLOOOOOO"
I cover my ears and squint my eyes... not the best thing to hear when you have a deadly migraine.
Kate looks at me "oh shit yeah you have a migraine, my bad" she laughs.
I playfully roll my eyes at her
"I got you the ice so I'll go put it in the freezer." She says.
"Okay."
"Do you want me to make you a drink!?" She shouts from the kitchen.
"Yeah please would help!" I say.

Kate comes back with some water with ice in it, handy.
"Kate I'm so confused."
"Why?"
"Christian.."
"What has he done?" She says with attitude.
"Nono nothing bad"
"Good"
"Basically last night when I went to go get a drink.. you notice Christian went with me yes?"
"Omg yes"
"Yeah well he asked me again if he could kiss me, he was so sweet about it but I said no out of respect of Derek and then Christian kissed me on my hand WHILE LOOKING AT ME and goes 'surely that's allowed' or something like that"
Kates face lit up like a Christmas tree "OMG HE LIKES YOU!"
I giggle
"yeah but I'm confused.. because he hasn't asked me for my number or anything.. it just feels like he's only flirting with me because I'm the only thing he can have as fun when he's with Derek."
Kate shakes her head
"look Emily, all you can do is wait or just act like your not bothered. If he leads you on I swear to god, he'll have me to deal with."
"But that's just it, Kate. I said to him that if he's leading me on that's just unfair and he says that he's many things but not a person who leads on girls."
Kate sarcastically laughs
"Emily he's got a history of girls he's led on."
I just look at the floor.
Emily grabs my hand
"look if you like him, wait it out.. don't go begging for it because if he is a dickhead and he is leading you on then that will boost his ego.. however if he does actually like you then your silly for thinking anything other than that."
I nod
"yeah true. Thank you Kate"
Same smiles at me and gives me a hug.

-

5pm

Me and Kate have just been binge watching 'breaking bad' and gossiping about life as usual. Kate will probably end up staying here again, she practically lives here.

Just as the last episode of season 1 ended, me and Kate heard the door shut.
"Derek!?" I shout
Derek walks in with someone behind him... my heart drops and I feel insecure. It's Christian.
"Yo" Derek says.
"You've been out for ages" Kate says to Derek.
All the while I couldn't stop looking at Christian because of how weird he was being.. he was avoiding eye contact with me at all costs and pretending I wasn't even here. It's pissing me off.

"Emily?" Derek says "Yeah?" I snap out of my thoughts

"Emily?" Derek says
"Yeah?" I snap out of my thoughts.
"Christian brought you some of these headache things to help your migraines." Derek passes the packet to me
"Thank you" I say to Christian.
He looks at the floor
"No problem"
He can't even look at me when he says that? Wow
"So what was you doing then?" I say to them both.
"We went to some beach party and Christian nearly got started on so we left early."
Derek laughs, but then I start to feel insecure because I know that Christian would of definitely kissed a girl there... girls in bikini's, bigger bums than me, bigger boobs then me, and then all they had to do was look at Christian and he was probably all over them.
"Any girls there?" I say
Derek looks at me weird "well yeah it is a party Emily not just boys are going to be there"
"I was just asking" then I turn to look at Christian who I caught staring but he looks away the moment we catch eye contact.
"Can you excuse me for a min" Christian says.
"Yeah ofc" Derek says.
Weird.

-

7:34pm

I didn't even see Christian after that because Derek walked out the room and they both went upstairs. I just don't understand, this is exactly what I knew would happen, one minute he wants me the next he don't know me. He's a play boy, not for me. I should have took Derek's advice, although Derek isn't taking his own.. he's with Christian all the time now.

"I cant fucking believe him." Kate says out of anger.
I just stay silent.
"Emily, your too good for him anyway... if he's gonna act up it's best you put an end to it now."
"Oh don't worry, it's done. I'm done with it.. it's not going any further"
I know that I'm lying to myself, if Christian was to come downstairs and put me up against the wall and make out with me, he'd have me wrapped round his finger.

-

10:56pm

Derek walks in, me and Kate are almost passed out on the sofa, well kate is.
"I'm gonna take Christian home now. Okay?"
I just nod "yeah, okay"
Can Christian not come in and say that himself? Like seriously.
With that Derek walks out and I hear the front door slam. This is unbelievable, ugh I'm just going to let it go. It's done, never again.
"Emily, I'm going to stay here tonight I'm so tired"
"Yeah okay no problem. Derek just left, Christian didn't even come in to say goodbye."
Kate mumbles
"he's a player Emily, leave him to it."

and with that me and Kate both drift off to sleep.