Part 15

Friday,

11:21am

"That's the last box"
I say passing it to my mother who's filling up the car. She then shuts the boot and we both stand in front of the now empty house that used to be my childhood.
"Say goodbye to her, because we're never coming back." My mother tells me.

Goodbye.

"You ready?" She turn to me.
I was about to answer when I hear someone shout my name,
"EMILY WAIT!"
I hear again turning my head down the street and seeing Kate running towards me,
"Kate?"
I say as she finally meets me.
"I couldn't let you leave without saying goodbye."
She says to me and hugs me, I hug her back.
She pulls away from me and to my mother for another hug.
"Kate your squeezing me!" My mother laughs and pulls away.
Kate looks at me and smiles,
"You won't forget about me? Will you."
She says, a tear falling from her eye.
"How could I? You won't forget about me either?" I say back.
"How could I?"
She grins at me then laughs.
I give her one last hug before hopping into the car.

Kate stands outside waving us off as my mother started driving. I pulled my head out my window to see my soon to be old best friend, my old house and my old street all in one. I never felt so homesick and weird, it doesn't feel right.. not one bit. I have to leave Christian here as well, my love, Christian taught me so much through love, if I knew that he was going to be the love of my life I wouldn't have believed anyone. He taught me what it means to be happy, to love someone, to have respect for someone and most importantly to protect the ones you love.

Finally, I could no longer see Kate and I pulled my head back into the car.
I look at my mum and she looks at me,
"This is really happening" she says with happiness.
I know this is what will make my mum happy, I know she couldn't live in that house, with all the memories of Derek and been able to cope.

"It sure is" I say.

-

Sorry for this being so short but there wasn't much to say here.