Part 5

Wednesday - week 2

3:45pm

Me and Matthew have been spending everyday together since last Thursday, nearly a week. Right now we're driving in his car, so he can show me his work. I really like him, he's really respectful and treats me like I'm worth something. He hasn't tried anything on with me, which I'm glad because I am still a virgin and it's scary when you start getting intimate with someone for the first time.

Meanwhile, me and Christian haven't spoken since he started acting like I wasn't there. He stopped coming round after last Thursday, I don't know why. He's confusing, to say the least.

"What you thinking about?" Matthew asks me snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Oh nothing, just thinking how crazy it is that I feel like I've known you forever." I smile.
"You kind of have" he laughs
"No but I mean like this, like we're so close and it hasn't even been a full week yet." I say
"No I know what you mean." He says and grabs my hand to hold it.

"Emily, how do you know Christian?" Matthew asks me.
What? What a weird question.
"Huh? Through my brother, why?" I ask him.
"Oh nothing.." Matthew says avoiding the question.
"No tell me.... Please" I say squeezing his hand.
"No it's nothing, just, me and him never got on." Matthew says a bit quieter.
"You knew each other?" I ask in shock.
"Yeah we used to be in the same friendship group, until, well..  he turned to drugs and tried to get people to jump me.." Matthew says.
"What? Why did he try get people to jump you?" I ask in anger.
"Because he got some girl pregnant and he wanted the girl to abort the baby... he was horrible to her- so I disagreed with him, and decided to help her out." Matthew says with sadness in his eyes.

I sat there in silence, I couldn't believe it. That fucking prick, I knew Christian was a cunt but never like this.... He's a fucking father and he never told anyone? I want to kill him and comfort that poor girl looking after his baby.

"He's a fucking nasty bastard then?" I say under my breath .
"Well.. yes" Matthew says.
"Anyway let's move onto a different topic.. and Emily.."
I look up "hm?"
"Don't tell anyone about this, not even Christian." He looks at me quite worried.
"Yeah okay. I promise."
I say and smile at him.

-

6:43pm

Me and Matthew have just finished at his work, we showed me what he does, how much he earns etc. Now we're driving home, this is the first time he's coming into my house. So I'm excited, my mum will get to meet him as well.

"Are you nervous?" I ask him.
He looks at me and smiles,
"No, I really like you and I want to do this for you."
I lean over and kiss his cheek.
"Your a good man, Matt. I don't deserve you."
"I don't deserve you, Emily." He says back to me.

-

7:03pm

The car engine stops and me and Matthew step out of the car. He walks over to me and holds my hand, kissing my cheek before we start walking to the door.
"Here we go." I say in a nervous voice.
I open the door and me and Matthew both get hit with the smell of Fajita wraps. Me and Matthew take our shoes off,
"Smells so good in here." Matthew says.
"Yeah I know, mums cooking up fajita's" I say and I breath in the smell again.

We walk into the kitchen where my mum is seen in a apron and two gloves on her hands so she doesn't get any diseases on her.
"Hello mother" I say as I lean over her shoulder and kiss her cheek.
"Hey baby." She says.
"Mum there's someone I want you to meet" I say taking a big breath in and out.
She turns around and smiles at the unknown boy in her house.
"Mum this is, Matthew... my uhh.. uhh" I didn't think this one through.
"Boyfriend. I'm Emily's boyfriend." Matthew says confidently.
My stomach is filled with butterflies... he just called himself my boyfriend. AHHHH
"So nice to meet you! I was wondering when Emily was going to bring a boyfriend into the family! I hope your staying for dinner!?" My mum says really excited and over the top.
Matthew laughs
"yes, I'm staying and it smells lovely."
My mother laughed. Thank god she likes him, my mother doesn't take the liking to people very often.