forest

jungim was busy renting a car for them to use, hoseok, jungkook and taehyung all waiting outside the building. jungkook was leaning against the wall, watching as people walked by them. jungkook briefly thought this was nice; they werent in japan almost ever for their crimes, even though there were tons of reasons they could be. regardless, no one really cared about them. they were nothing but publicity here. people just walked by the masked trio, minding their own business or only looking at them for a second, before continuing on their way. it was nice. "we should move here," jungkook said, gaining hoseoks attention. taehyung was looking at the different cars, before joining the two. "its peaceful. no one recognizes us."

hoseok shrugged, looking over at the cars, watching as jungim signed some paperwork. "we could bring it up to the others, but i think jimin likes busan."

jungkook pushes off against the wall, watching as jungim approached them, "i could convince him japan is better." jungkook smiled to himself beneath the mask, "hed listen to me."

jungim stood in front of them, holding the keys in his hand. "im supposed to drive since i signed off the vehicle." he said, pointing over to the car he picked.

hoseok shrugged, "if that makes us less suspicious, go for it." jungim led them to the car, sitting in the drivers seat. taehyung sat in shotgun, telling everyone he was playing the music. jungkook laughed at the olders antics, before getting comfortable in his seat.

"where is it?" jungim asked, looking over his shoulder to him and hoseok.

jungkook looked back at his texts with namjoon, "its like an hour from here." he mumbled, dialing namjoons number. "i dont know what it looks like though." he pouted, as jungim put in the location on the gps.

the phone rang for a second when namjoon picked up, "jungkookie." his voice was soft as he answered.

the younger smiled at his voice, "hi hyung." he looked over to hoseok, then to jungim. "we landed a little bit ago, were going to the forest now." there was a soft hum on the other side, namjoon seemingly distracted. "hows the code going?"

there was an annoyed sound on the other end, jungkook realizing it as seokjin. "im almost there, its annoying." there was a moment of silence, when he heard namjoon groan in frustration. "anyways, what do you need?"

jungkook looked back to hoseok, who was looking out the window as they drove. "we dont know what the tree looks like."

namjoon made a small sound, "it kinda sticks out," he started, "its all black, an ebony tree. the closer you get to it, the worse you feel." he said. jungkook pouted at the words, not really getting the description he hoped for. "think of it as a game or something. its kinda deep in the forest, ignore all the dead bodies." namjoon said, his voice a little worried. jungkook could tell he wasnt too happy about them going there, but they had no other options. "plus, there arent really any risks for us."

jungkook nodded, taking in the information. "ok, hyung. ill let you know when we get there."

there was another hum on the other end, "good. stay safe, kook-ah." jungkook smiled at the words, nodding to himself as the line went quiet. he stuffed his phone back into his pocket, watching as the landscape changed from the urban cities to the rural forests. jungkook sagged in his seat, turning to hoseok.

"he said its kinda deep in the forest." jungkook said, gaining everyones attention. "its an ebony tree and the closer we get, the worse we feel, so were gonna have to search a little." hoseok leaned his head on his hand, looking over to the youngest. jungkook remembered his warning, "ignore the dead bodies."

---

namjoon was definitely right. the moment they stepped foot in the forest, walking out in a general direction, their hearts began to sink. jungkook noticed after each step he took, his body pushed him to turn around, his hair standing on edge.