suspicions (m)

yoongi sighed in relief, popping off his boots and tossing them to the side of the room. he glanced down at his phone, opening twitter to see numerous mixed reactions; threats, praises, apologies, police accounts promising to fix the issue, and surprisingly more thirsty tweets. his shoulders sagged as he read the reactions to his response, smirking as he read the shocked reactions learning that not only he was immortal, but bangtan being as well.

he turned his phone off, stuffing it into his pocket, and finally went downstairs, met with bright smiles. taehyung jumped to his feet, yanking him into a tight hug, "im proud of you, hyung."

yoongi grinned, wrapping his arms around the younger resting his head on his shoulder. "thanks." he looked over to the rest of them, clearing his throat for a second, making him pull away from taehyung. "we need to talk."

namjoon nodded, scooting off from the couch and onto the floor, everyone else joining and making a small circle for them to sit in. jimin pulled yoongi into his side, resting his head on his shoulder as beomseok jumped out from his hold and placed himself in seokjins lap. the eldest smiled, wrapping his arms around the younger, making him squeal excitedly.

yeobum ran into jungkooks hold, crawling over onto his back and getting comfortable on jungkooks shoulders, wrapping his small hands on his forehead for a grip. jungkook let out a small giggle, grabbing yeobum a little to stabilize himself.

luci placed herself in yoongis lap, looking up to her appa, waiting for him to speak. she made it clear who her favorite was, she was nothing if not obvious. yoongi looked down to her, combing through her hair gently, making sure to be careful of her ears, then looked up to everyone. "ok," he said, taking in a deep breath to ground himself. jimin placed a small kiss on his neck, making him smile softly. he could do this.

"you did good, hyung." hoseoks eyes were on lucis, his lips slightly curled up as he looked at them, then looked up to yoongi, "but you lied."

yoongis lips tightened a little, his movements in lucis hair pausing. "kinda," he met hoseoks gaze, seeing the confusion hidden in his eyes.

"were not immortal," he leaned back onto his hands, eyes shifting to yoongis tattoos.

yoongi couldnt hide his smile. he was just hoping they would agree. "not yet."

one week ago...

the house is a mix of tense and relieved as they all walk in the living room together, yoongi more than exhausted. the car ride home was mostly silent on yoongis end, struggling to process what just happened. its only when he enters the living room, looking at the news that had been left on, showing the very short footage of yoongi yelling at his parents, his father tall behind him, that the reality sinks in his chest.

"bystanders have reported that min yoongi jumped out of the window of the car, landing on another vehicle, before falling under the cars and getting run over."

yoongi sinks to his knees, watching as she continued talking.

"it was reported that the car he jumped out of pulled over to get him, but was unsuccessful as a man that appeared to be made of tree bark, intervened. other sightings of the same being have been reported, and it is believed by most that it is the devil. we are unsure of how strong these claims are."

yoongi couldnt pull his eyes away, watching videos of his tied up, drugged body recorded on peoples phones, laid on the side of the road, beaten up and nearly unconscious.

"as weve learned from his files, it is likely he was unable to leave the scene as he seemed to be drugged. officials-"

the tv was turned off, making yoongi glance over to jungkook who had the remote in his hand, tossing it to the couch. yoongi felt his body shiver,. he just wanted to go for a walk, when he remembered jungims words.