confrontation

yoongi stood there standing, frozen in his steps as he looked at the man. he glanced over at the woman, then down to their clothes. they were wearing luxury brand coats, expensive shoes that he saw taehyung and jungkook wear a lot, then back up to their faces. he burst out laughing, before turning back to walk away, "i dont have parents," he said. any moment now jungkook would pop out of a tree and tell him he was joking, namjoon would pull him into a hug and they would laugh it off.

he shook his head, clearing his thoughts, when they ran over to catch up to him, "we sold you," the man said, grabbing at yoongis shoulder.

he shoved the hand off, his heart aching at the words. it wasnt real.

the woman grabbed his arm, pulled it and turned yoongi around, forcing him to look at her face, her mask long gone. his eyes watered as he looked her in the eyes.

'its ok, baby.'

yoongi felt tears bubbling at his eyes, this wasnt real.

'well be right back, okay?'

he watched as the man, his appa, pulled him into a hug, whispering words into his ear, "were here now, yoon."

'shed shop forever if she could.'

yoongi felt a familiar prick in the back of his neck, his eyes widening in shock. he pushed him away, unable to process what was happening.

'we love you, baby, okay?'

yoongi felt himself growing dizzy. he tried to get his abilities moving, but he couldnt. a tear fell from his eyes as he fell backwards, colliding against the pavement below him. this wasnt real, it couldnt be. he had to go home, his brothers were waiting for him. he shouldve been back by now, jimin would think he ran away again-

his kids. he watched as his parents hovered over him, picking him up slowly as the world blurred around him. he couldnt leave, his kids couldnt grow up without him, he couldnt be like them. he needed to go back.

'what do you mean?'

---

"shouldnt he be back by now?" jimin yelled, glaring down namjoon, who had his hand nervously at the back of his neck. "you shouldnt have let him leave, hes a wanted criminal!"

yeobum was screaming in hoseoks hold, the older shushing him and trying to get him to calm down, but to no avail. he passed him over to taehyung who attempted to rock him back and forth, only making him cry louder.

beomseok was the same, namjoon tried petting at his ears, which usually made him calm down, but it didnt work. he only screamed louder, looking at jimin with tears in his eyes as he kept screaming.

luci was the worst. she was wailing sadly in the corner, crying out 'appa!' between cries. she didnt let anyone come over to hold her, catching on fire when anyone approached her, to everyones shock. jimin stood next to her, rubbing his tail against her cheek, attempting to calm her down, but was unsuccessful. it was chaos.

"he promised hed be back-"

jimin scratched the base of his ears, attempting to calm himself down. whenever he was stressed, yoongi would always massage his ears, whisper encouraging words into them, occasionally placing kisses on the tips, holding him close. the hybrid couldnt get himself to calm down, his hands werent the same as yoongis. "what if hes mad and never comes back?" jimin sobbed, falling to the ground, "what if he leaves again? why didnt you tell us?" jimin pulled luci into his chest, both of them crying out louder.

seokjin came closer to him, about to reach out to touch him when luci screamed and caught on fire again, burning jimin in the process. he dropped her, letting her fall the short distance to the floor, listening as she cried louder when her eomma stopped holding her. seokjin stepped closer, looking at the burns on jimins skin, before running out of the room and grabbing the bark.