Episode 4: First Look

Scene 1

[Catz house] Ollie put the sickle in her room and laughed, thinking about what had happened. She reached into her pants pocket and took out the piece of her shirt that was cut off, throwing it away. She looked at the clock, which read 5 a.m. She decided to take a catnap. The others were already asleep, even Penny. Ollie petted Princess who was asleep at the corner of her bed.

Ollie: Today should be fun.

Scene 2

[Late morning on Melrose Ave.] Ollie carried her bag as she walked to a nice record store, which also sold comics, videos, and pins. Today she decided to go shopping alone. She passed by many guys on the street but one caught her eye. There were two guys actually: both wearing all dark colors, one blonde and pretty tall, and the other, who was shorter, had dark hair and was looking down at something.

Ollie: Too bad Nellie isn't here.

The two were standing in front of a clothing store waiting. She looked at them for a while, then continued walking, but when she turned back to sneak another look, they were gone. She reached the corner and entered the record store. She greeted Laura, who worked there and saw Ollie often.

Laura: Hey Ollie, looking for any specific records?

Ollie put her bag down on the counter and leaned on it.

Ollie: Well, I thought I could just hang out here and you could play me some good ones. But, oh, I saw a cute guy outside.

Laura [leaning over the counter]: So, did you talk to him?

Ollie (scoffs): Laura, you keep forgetting that I'm only fourteen. Anyway, he was across the street.

Laura (smiles): So, what if you're only fourteen? Anyway, you could have yelled! Besides how old did he look? He was probably your age.

Ollie [nods]: Maybe you're right, but he looked really mature. Hey, how old do I have to be to work here?

Laura: Sixteen. Wait a couple of years.

[Catz house] Penny stretched as she got up from bed.

Penny: What a good fight last night.

She cooked up lunch for the four of them but only Nellie and Carter came down. Princess had already eaten.

Penny: Where's Ollie?

Carter [shrugging]: I guess she went out.

Princess: Yes, when I woke up, she had already left.

Penny: Not even a note?

Nellie: You worry about her too much. If something is wrong, we'll know.

Penny nodded and called them over.

Carter: Ooh, what did you make?

Penny: Casserole. This cooking thing is pretty fun. It's really easy too.

Nellie: You should make all the meals.

Princess: Now, I think everyone should practice. Besides, that would be too great a load on Penny to do all the cooking daily.

Nellie sighed.

Penny: Do you think she's okay by herself?

Carter: Who?

Penny: Ollie! Who else?

Nellie: She can take care of herself. You know better than the rest of us. (pausing) Why, do you think the enemy is out and about?