1| A legendary bedtime story

''Just for a daughter and her father''

Disclaimer; This chapter was written in third person. But the entire rest of the story will be in Nine's POV unless stated otherwise!

 But the entire rest of the story will be in Nine's POV unless stated otherwise!

Throughout the story, one of the images above will showcase from where we are starting in the chapter

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Footsteps the color of vanta lined those very hallways. That very night.

Cracked windows made for easy entrance into the home that was once so secure. Once so warm.

A cold shutter made its way into the household. An unwelcome presence shook the balance that held that infrastructure together.

An enemy to the bloodline was an enemy to the entire organization they had belonged to.

Threading heavily, there's nothing but the word 'threat' that could be seen tainting the ground the commander had walked on.

His single action denounced menace.

And with the echo of what had seemed like a thousand footsteps trailing behind him in that moment, anyone could have made a mental picture of his motive.

He was on a mission.

A mission to kill.

To steal a life, and give it back to the one who ordered the hit.

His troupe smoothly infiltrated the bases of the home. Silencers attached to the muzzle made for reduction of suspicion.

But the loud acoustic of innocent bodies dropping to the floor made me question why a silencer had been needed in the first place. Instead of two sounds, it made one. With the lingering echo of life being slipped away with every few moments.

Was it because they had wanted to surprise an old friend? A colleague who anticipated their attack with nothing but the Katana's on his back and his partially-deaf daughter in his arms?