10| Half-price

A/N : How do we like it^^🌝?

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

11:12 pm (STG) Seletar,Singapore

3rd person.

(Four years after Tenzin Akio Corinelli's death)

:))

The engine to the rundown vehicle had stopped in front of a building that seemed just as modern. It overlooked the outskirts of a secluded neighborhood in what would be considered a wealthy Asian country.

Bright red bricks had stacked up onto each other, the mold suggestion their age.

Fog sliced between floors with every upper glance. The structure itself had seemed to go on forever.

Headlights to a lone car had shut. The engine dies, as do the unnecessary acoustics caused by the vibrations. Soon enough, passenger doors flung open.

The only man who had been tall enough to peek over three to four other men's heads had been the most quiet. The WEIA agent stays back a bit. Watching as Joji-Tan Ayumi's security detail scurried towards the building, shielding themselves of rain droplets.

There's a brief image that crosses his mind when he steps away from the car. The frown on the Japanese politician's face would burn a hole in his mind for the rest of his life.

Well, the hour left of it.

Collins had no intent of coming back at the politician's side. Immanuel, his superior, had given him the permission to pull the plug from the mission. Remove himself from the equation so an even better cover could have risen to stand beside Joji-Tan Ayumi.

Osiris-Nine Corinelli.

Even from across these vast seas that separate the east and west, anyone who knew Ten's legacy lied in his only child. She wasn't going to last long behind those hospital walls.

Being agent 001 in a tier of hundreds like him, the only mantra that remained in his head as he craned his neck up the cloudy skies was to die for the mission.

He didn't hesitate to consider the idea. Especially now that he was on the front-row of this bargain with death and not backstage still planning it out. He remembers the distraught glance of the politician as one of his bodyguards announced his leave to meet with the men who play with the man's life like a puppet on a string.

The agent as well as the politician knew he had no intent of coming back to his side. Instead, it's a briefcase filled with Singaporean currency that fills that hole.

Blood suddenly ran cold in the eyes of a man who was trained to not flinch or fight the inevitable. Still, the cold winds of the current climate would cause goosebumps on a rock if it could.