18| Baldie (Maybe, just maybe)

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

SOMEWHERE IN ASIA

I had felt like my time had been robbed.

I couldn't even recall more than half of the events that went down after we encountered Benjamin and sang him a song in the basement. It was a beautiful song.

I've said my goodbyes to those that needed it. Bàs could have only offered what he was willing to give; his presence.

I didn't need cookies or garlic butter for him to let me know he appreciates it. He hugged me securely before kissing my head.

A crying Bravina was the last face I had seen before heading to the docs where I would have blended in with about 15 more trafficked girls from the west traveling by boat. Courtesy of blackstar and its unfortunate regimes.

On our last day, naturally, as Ayumi's personal doctor, Daniel had to head east first. I followed less than 18 hours later. I let myself sink into the moist air that was the basement.

I smacked my dry lips together. Despite the 5 days I had been in his basement with all these trafficking victims already, the only thing that brought a smile to my face was the single most important thing both WEIA and Blackstar had rooted for;

Joji-Tan Ayumi won the election.

Which would mean, after years on hiatus of not coming back to his home country, he was finally welcomed back with open arms and an even more direct bounty. My mission really began the moment he garnered all those votes.

The moment my phone had blown up with japanese national news celebrating the bright future of the nation and its people.

As one would expect, Adriel, still being neck deep in this operation, could have only left my ass on 'seen' when I made a move on Bling Pig.

I thought it was very disrespectful.

Almost like seeing your mother's facebook status and deciding not to check on her story.

My phone was on mute.

Naturally, so was Blind pig.

The harsh sound of iron doors being slammed in the face of the abducted would have never amounted to the amount of rations the men who tiptoed around the town house with their two inch heels chucked into the room on occasion.

It forced me out of my thoughts and brought me straight to reality.

The very few light that could have been seen, at a minimum at least,was forced into the margin every few minutes or so. The turn of the nob and the push of the door was compulsive, it happened quite often, but it didn't register in my mind just how much.

I just knew an elderly man, a little overcooked in his age, came in.

His receding hairline mocking the timeline when the great pyramid of Giza had been built, all the way to the remains of the present, present on his head.