8 | Collect and dip

A/N : you can just tell with these random titles I'm having wayy too much fun with this bs 🌚

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

On the car ride back to the courthouse....church? Had Damien expanded on why needed to go back and take that sorry excuse of a judge in WEIA custody. The building, as suspected, had still been surrounded by paramedics, still picking up the pieces of what had happened earlier.

We had to rush. The faster we avoided above-surfaced personnel who would want to block off the area for cleaning, the faster we could find the slab and his arm candy. It was safe to say, today had been packed with a lot. Like the whole week had been forced into these 24 hours just make me dread how long it will take before returning to Singapore.

Damien stayed back in the car. It was still dark outside it being around 10. Headlights shut and passenger doors locked.  The tinted windows of the car made for great disguise amongst the many others who were still parked, never to be sat in again by their previous owners.

You know, because they probably got caught in the crossfire and stuff.

If you looked close enough, anyone could tell he was playing Geometry dash in the driver's seat.

But I didn't have time to ask for a turn. My feet were already making their way around the building. When I made it, I had already been rushing to rip the vents open so I could open the door from the inside.

But then I forgot I couldn't go in alone.

So I had to wait for D4 to catch his breath half way into running before making the full lap towards my direction. Eventually, he makes it. On moisten concrete the heels of his boots clack a little louder.

He stands beside me.

''Stop!'' Dom almost whines in a not so subtle whisper. He places a palm on his chest, catching his breath. I would have rushed him, but then reality came crashing down onto me when I realized we had left the athletic sibling in the car.

I leaned on the building, arms crossed over my chest just watching the youngest Alderete.

Still. of breath, does he crouch down, hands on his knees as if he were about to throw it back with an index sticking out. Pants sing from his mouth as the smell of burnt rubble begins to fill the air at a distance.

Once steady–I think— the vents leading to the laundry room had been ripped off the wall. And we made our way through.

The Church's/ Courthouses underground parking garage had been about the sizes of two supermarkets fused into one. Its eerie scene made for much more potential than it was given in all actuality.