13| Driver's liscence revoked

ITS THE SAME FLASHBACK AS THE LAST CHAPTER!

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I paid so much attention to the manager, I hadn't realized Trusova had his own hands into his pocket.

The manager fell back at the impact of the bullet the same way smoke fell out of Alexandre's muzzle. Immediately I stood to scour the area. If there was one thing I knew about blackstar, was that their pawns never move within the vacant square alone—there would have always been an anticipating play of another pawn alike to suffice an 'en passant' attack.

Blackstar soldiers were never as alone as we had thought. So you really couldn't blame me for squatting down to the level of the floor just to peek beneath tables for any signs of supplementary BSS activity.

Trusova and I both neared the counter. The smell of iron had been something I had yet to grow used to, but Alexandre paid no mind to it.

The pulsing question of where he had gotten a gun from surpassed my thoughts the moment I heard the door to the restaurant banging intensely. Three figures came into view into one of the windows, where Reese's fists kept banging.

It was then I realized the front door had been locked.

How long was the store manager hoping to keep us here if Trusova didn't aim first? Alexandre strolled towards the door before I had the chance to pivot my foot in its direction.

The solid excuse of their presence had been the mere fact that I had been out for too long. Curfew past and so, we couldn't return back to headquarters without the alarm waking up the rest of the southern headquarters house.

With nothing but a collective backpack, did they find me.

At least they were considerate of the much needed sleep of others in contrast to their own.

He reeled back as Dominic's head popped up first before swinging the door open. This time, instead of being bear, he wore a dark gray WEIA muscle shirt with the logo etched up on his pec.

He stood, arms over his chest, his jaw remaining chewing as he stared down at Trusova, regulating his gaze between us.

'' Well, well, well,'' The younger Spaniard chews on his words. Damien rounds the counter and Silas nears my side while he does so.

'' What do we have here?''

'' Dom—'' he holds a finger up to me with a little sass in his action.

''Ah,'' He kneels down towards Trusova's height. Hands on his knees, '' I'm talking to hot wheels over here,'' There didn't need to be a lot of words exchanged between Reese and I for her to read the situation.

I figured they would have joined us back at Ten's house later on, we didn't need to touch on anything at the moment.

Through the window reflection of the restaurant, I see Trusova make a face.