2| Toaster Strudel, Poptarts and Manslaughter

Blind pig : A chess term that refers to a pair of rooks (towers) as pigs as they make their way to devour pawns and pieces on the board

It's also an outdated chess game I made in grade 10 ;)

A/N : This chapter is long, specifically around 9.7K words, and specifically for you guys. I wanted to show you how grateful I was to have such amazing writers in my comment sections supporting me.

So please, do enjoy. ♥️

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

What was a week break in comparison to a four year mission?

Bullsiht, that's what it was.

What had been an even sadder reality was the fact that we actually had to fight for this one-week off.

My grandfather had been forcing us to work overtime.

Especially in an era where Japanese elections were rolling around and Joji-Tan Ayumi had nearly gotten curb-stomped by the way he wouldn't let anyone rest about it.

Daniel had been the first out of us to leave the country.

He made great use of his week-off break to spend time with his girlfriend, Narissa, and their toddler, Bravina.

D1 wasn't one to wait.

How could he be? He was the same man who couldn't stand in the same position for more than a few minutes without cringing at the feeling of clothes on his back.

Even after years, already thigh-deep in this, there was no getting used to the itchy outfits he had to wear as the politician's personnel doctor.

But because Ayumi was basically reaching ash age, Alderete's role had slowly transitioned from personnel healthcare professional to slightly lesser than.

A PSW.

His status remained active on Blind Pig, however.

An outdated chess game that had almost been as old as I was.

Dante had brought it back to life for this mission, and this mission only.

It should have kicked rocks along with purble place. But within the last couple years, this seemingly innocent game gave me a way of communication with my other peers on different perspectives of the same mission.

Because of its longevity, the graphics were a little old school. I didn't mind it.

If anything, it brought a sense of nostalgia. A warm feeling blossoming in my chest. A feeling I vowed to keep.

The download on the illegal website Dante led us to was programmed to collapse from the moment the download on all our phones were complete.

Tracking the algorithm of conversation, and when the only four players had been active or typing away at conversation, had been out of the question.