3| Two agents, one car

"Nine with 9 lives"

WEIA is pronounced (Wayy-ahhh)

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

My sweat had made the handcuffs stick like adhesive.

No matter how many times I twirled the sterling bracelets around my arm, they wouldn't budge.
There was a light in the reflection of the cuffs. The moon.

I had forgotten just how fast daylight savings rose in the west. Especially because it's been a significantly long time since I've been back outside. A free woman and not on a mission.

At least not for a few more days.

WEIA cars grouped together on the far street. Headlights were off, and I imagine the engines were just cooling.

I thought about driving to headquarters for the sole reason of just greeting everyone. But it nearly slipped my mind of the dangers I could have put myself in and the agency if they had seen my presence alone.

The distance I had to be at would be fair.

Besides, only around three agents saw me leave the sanctuary.

Being around the same people since I gained consciousness, the same people I've been put into raid groups with, you learn a thing or two about action algorithm.

Their quick nod was enough to let me know they won't tell anyone about my presence in the city.

The rest of the family didn't have to see me until we successfully saved the trafficking victims and finished off the remains of the silver empire.

But for now, I understood the standing they currently had, was shaken after the death of their godfather—their oyabun.

And although their recovery just toughened the foundation that held this criminal bloodline, they were still in search for the culprit.

Which didn't exactly sit right with me.

They were already more than resourceful to find that out within a period of 48 hours, half that.

Something else had to have been up if they chose to wait this long.

Why were they stalling? What were they waiting on?

The double flash of headlights was the element that tore me from my thoughts. It had my feet pivoting in the direction they shone.

In a sea of dark, there was light in it's core.

An active, occupied, white car was distinguishable amongst the sea of vehicles that would never feel the presence of their owners again. The round of gunfire that kept going in the building makes sure of that.