9| This girl is on fire

A/N: play the song at the end of the chapter🌚

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We let Benjamin marinate a little in the basement for about a day and a half.

Last night, while Reese had taken over for Bàs to make dinner, I'd assist her. Taking the chance to catch up with an old friend in person and not on a phone.

Once we collectively marched towards the room Benny was staying, we decided to do a little mukbang of the feast we all helped cook in front of a starving spy.

The meat on our plates was so juicy and tender, it would have made a mutt salivate for miles.

He was seen licking his lips several times, as he watched us devour the delight on our platter.

Damien went a step further, chucking the bones infront of the man, all just to watch him scurry into the corner it was thrown and attempt to salvage any type of sauce that might have sinked into the meat's bone-marrow.

It almost made me feel bad.

Keyword almost.

Until I realized he might have known about Leonidas picking me up and bringing me back to the house. He could have called the guys who had chased us on our way back from the courthouse.

Who else could it have been?

He was a spy, easily confirmed.

It was a new day. He looked the same. A little different.

The man looked a little overcooked at his age last time I saw him. Not too long ago but Santiago must have done preparation numbers on this man to make him age just a little more overnight it seemed. He slid down the wooden chair.

Chin upwards, was his neck a victim to the sandpaper-like board his back rests against.

He does not lack awareness. Only consciousness.

Two halves of the quadruplets, Agent 004 and 06 line the borders of the room.

To begin at monitoring the man, Leonidas arrived just a little over a minute later. The bandage on his upper eyebrow is now gone. His dirty blonde hair droops in the wet atmosphere.

A lack of a ceiling in this margin is the cause.

His eyebags are visible. Anyone could tell he had been all the more than busy behind those office doors of his. I assume he's done his job at monitoring the supplementary help WEIA sent Joji-Tan Ayumi's way because he's down here. With us.

He might have been awake for a while. But what matters now is that everything is on track for when we go back to our bases. Back to Singapore. Back to Ayumi. Back to basically being a meter away from the structure.