2.5

Fifteen weeks pregnant

Harry groaned, rubbing his tired eyes. He was so sleepy.

"What kind did he want?" Harry asked himself, scanning the different flavors of Lays chips.

Finally, Harry remembered Louis's request of cheddar and sour scream. He grabbed it, paying for them, and leaving the grocery store, driving to home.

It was 2 a.m., but Harry's been used to doing these late-night runs since Louis hit thirteen weeks pregnant.

Harry made his way up to their apartment- they still hadn't found a house- closing the door with his foot, and gasping when he was immediately attacked.

"Harry! Harry, Harry!" Louis was crying and Harry was so confused, just wanting to crawl into bed.

"Harry, he's moving, Bear is moving!"

Harry crinkled his eyebrows together, dropping the bag of chips to the floor. "She is!? Let me feel, c'mon!"

Harry excitedly let Louis to the couch, placing the pregnant boy on his lap and pulling up the sweater covering Louis's tiny frame. Louis was almost four months along, so he had himself a tiny little belly coming along.

Harry's palm covered Louis's stomach and it was silent for almost five minutes before Harry sighed. "Maybe she doesn't like me."

"Stop it!" Louis snapped, glaring at Harry before looking at his tummy. "C'mon, Bear, move for Daddy, yeah? He wants to feel you kick."

"Please," Harry whispered, leaning down to brush his lips over Louis's stomach as he spoke.

Nothing.

Harry groaned, shaking his head. "I wanted to be here the first time he kicks!"

"Well, you were getting food for Bear," Louis giggled, getting up and walking to get the abandoned bag of chips.

Louis opened them and began to munch as they climbed into bed.

"Don't spill," Harry mumbled as he pushed up Louis's sweater and laid his head on the plump tummy with his hand right below his chin.

"I won't," Louis said, popping a chip in his mouth. "Will you sing?"

"What would you like me to sing?"

"Anything. I've noticed you've been writing more that usual lately. Sing me something you've wrote."

Harry hummed, tracing patterns onto Louis's skin. "It would sound better with your beautiful piano."

"Haven't got one of them here," Louis giggled. "Sing."

Harry sighed, thinking if which song to sing before starting.

"Cue the path of beautiful stars to lead me where you are, 'cuz nothing's prettier than you. I've been a thousand miles, seen a million smiles, but I can't get you out my head."

Louis hummed in delight as Harry sung, closing his blue eyes in content.

"Help me, hold me, guide me, my beautiful soul... Lift me, kiss me, look at me like I'm gold. That's what I do with you."

Louis slipped his fingers of his non-cheesy hand into Harry's long hair, scratching lightly at his scalp.

"I would give my life to make you happy. I would fall to my knees. I would give my heart to keep yours beating. As long as you just love me. Love me."

Suddenly, Harry jumped back and Louis gasped. Harry's hand darted back to Louis's stomach before he was yelping, darting up to kiss all over Louis's tummy as their baby kicked for his daddy's beautiful voice.

~~~

Harry couldn't keep his hands off Louis's tummy since Bear kicked five days ago.

Even at the moment, while searching for houses, Harry was back with his face on Louis's tummy, singing as his baby kicked him gently.

Louis hummed, signaling Harry to look at the house he's chosen.

"Like this one?"

Harry scrunched his nose. "It's too small."

"Harry-"

"I told you six bedrooms, at least. I have plans."

"But even with you having a music room, a room for Bear, a room for us, and a room for Bear's toys, we'll have two spare-"

"Guest rooms until we make more beauties. I want three total," Harry informed Louis for the first time.

Louis blushed, shrugging. "I want four."

"As long as we have three, we can have more," Harry promised, kissing right above Louis's belly button.

"He wants you to sing," Louis said with a cringe when a particularly harsh kick was landed in his side.

"Okay, I'll sing for ya, princess. Keep looking, Lou."

~~~

Louis was woken up at one in the morning by Harry, for a change.

"Lou, get on clothes!" Harry ordered, buttoning up a blue shirt. "Please, baby, c'mon."

Louis was sluggish, so. Harry pulled a sweater over Louis's bare torso, helping the small boy wiggle on sweats and slide on Vans.

The two went out to Harry's car in the warm summer air, Louis getting I the passenger and finally asking for their location.

"The hospital," Harry answered shortly, taking off. Louis fell back asleep without another word.

He was awoken again when they arrived. Harry guided Louis into the hospital, where they ran straight into Luke Hemmings, who was rushing out.

"Luke," Harry breathed, pulling the crying boy in for a hug.

"S'going on?" Louis mumbled sleepily.

"I'll show you," Luke replied leading the two inside and straight to the elevator. No one stopped them.

They arrived on the seventh floor and Luke guided them into a room.

Louis watched in shock as Luke walked to the bed, where a red-haired Michael Clifford lay, holding a tiny baby with rather large feet sticking out of a baby blanket.

Harry sighed, leading Louis over, where Michael smiled softly at the group, running a thumb over Luke's outstretched hand.

"Wait-" Louis said, suddenly catching up. "Are you telling me that... Oh my gosh."

Luke smile sadly, shrugging. "M'a Pa. This is my baby."

"But Lennox-"

"She doesn't know I cheats on her. I've kept Michael's pregnancy a secret," Luke whispered, looking ashamed. "And now I don't want to leave him or my baby boy."

Michael nodded, not saying a word, just handing the baby over to Luke, who let Harry hold it.

"You two are the god parents. We agree merely hours ago," Luke announced. "This is Jared Ace Hemmings."

Louis cooed, standing in his toes to see the baby in Harry's arms.

Louis was still a little shocked, but he was happy for Michael nonetheless. It was a baby, after all, and Louis's baby will be the best thing to have happened to him- but mostly because Harry is included.

~~~

Fun fact: I wrote the song Harry sang. I know it isn't good, but I didn't want Harry to sing an already-written song, so it could feel more realistic. So, warning, my shitty songs will be in here a lot.

I know that was rushed but I rly needed to update and so I split the chapter into two pieces so I'll post part two soon

QOTC: what do you think about the Muke situation??

PQOTC: (this is more about the book) what would you prefer Bear's gender to be?

MA: I obviously can't tell you bc it'll ruin it so

Much love, my bugs xx