3.4

The process was grueling.

Harry already hated hospitals and blood, but he stood in a room full of doctors and nurses, urging Louis to push the baby out and- okay, Harry was pissed at himself, but he fucking fainted.

It was a sad thing, really, because a nurse had to take him out of the room and Harry was being forced to drink water and sit down while Louis was giving birth to their child.

Thankfully, the process was already nearly done and, quite soon, an unnamed baby sat in Louis's arms while a fond Harry brushed the recently washed skin.

She was pretty already, chubby cheeks and a big eyes. She weighed nearly eight pounds and Harry knew already she'd be curvy like her Papa.

"Daddy loves you," Harry cooed, eyes glimmering as he watched Louis rock the baby girl gently. "Daddy loves you both."

Louis looked up and made eye contact with Harry, smiling shyly and looking back down.

"Emmaline. She's an Emmaline," Louis decided, looking right back up at his boyfr- his fiancé.

"Yes," Harry agreed. "Emmaline Nicole Styles. How pretty."

"She really is. My own little baby," Louis whispered, eyes watering over a little. He sniffled, a wet laugh leaving his lips. "I'm so happy, Harry."

"I know you are, kitten, we have our little bear here with us," Harry breathed out shakily, hands rubbing soothing circles on Louis's arm.

The door opened and a doctor stepped in, grinning. "How are you?"

"Perfect, Dr. Carlton," Louis replied, still smiling. "Just perfect. We can actually make that birth certificate now."

"Great!" Dr. Carlton hummed, clapping his hands together. "I'll get a nurse in here with the papers. As for you lot, you'll stay here for about five days and then I can let you out. Any questions?"

"No, doctor, thank you," Louis said before the man left. "It's five in the morning, Harry. Why don't you go home?"

Harry shook his head immediately. "No, thanks. I'm not leaving, are you crazy?"

"No," Louis said with a sigh. "At least lay down and get some sleep. I'll let the nurse take Emmaline and I'll sleep a well, yeah?"

Harry yawned on instinct, nodding his head. "Deal. I'll wait until those papers are done."

~~~

"She's so cute," Lottie squealed, eyes lit with excitement. "She's going to look so much like you, Louis."

"I hope she looks like Harry," Louis confessed, smiling at the lad, who was holding their child in his arms, a fond expression on his face.

"You two are going to be great parents," Jay said from her spot beside Louis's bed.

Luke and Michael were also there, Ace on Michael's hip, and Ashton was on his way.

All the rest of their friends were going to come tonight since they had a captivity limit.

Luke had been cooing over the new baby but Michael had been oddly silent. He just occupied himself with his own baby, barely speaking at all.

Louis didn't take much into it for now. His sister and mother had come to see the baby and that's what was important.

"I think we need to head out," Luke spoke up, now taking Ace from Michael's arms. "My baby is grumpy... And I'm not talking about Ace."

"Don't try to be all lovable now," Michael snapped, causing everyone to look over at the lad, whose eyes were watering rather quickly.

"Michael, not here-" Luke started, but he was cut off when Michael stood up angrily, fists clenched.

"Where, then, Luke? You never want to talk about it. It's all about Ace and sex for you. You don't care about me, you care about what I gave you."

Michael stormed out, making Louis shoot an accusing glare at Luke.

"He told you that he loved you, didn't he!?" Louis hissed.

"Yes," Luke said quietly, ashamed. "I just... I'm scared, Louis, I-"

"Get out," Louis replied, eyes moving away from Luke and over to his fiancé, reaching out for his now-crying child.

The women were silent until Luke had grabbed his and Michael's things and then  left. Finally, Jay spoke up.

"Maybe I should leave you two alone and let you have some time before your other friends come."

"Mum-"

"I'll be back tomorrow morning, Bear, I promise," Jay assured her son, stroking his feathery hair.

Harry chuckled when Louis wrinkled his nose cute, but permitted Jay and Lottie to leave.

"I'm really annoyed," Louis spoke up. "I can't believe Luke. He's an asshole."

"He's really not. He left his girlfriend to be with his son. That's really not an asshole move," Harry defended his friend.

Louis opened his mouth to argue when the door opened and a nurse came in, smiling at the couple. "Alright, loves, gotta feed baby Emmaline. How, are you, Louis?"

~~~

Ashton had been at the hospital for two hours- although it had been awkward since Harry was still not talking to him-shortly followed by Niall, Ed, Liam, Zayn, and even Calum, who'd been called up by Harry himself.

Calum had felt awful for everything and apologized many times to Luke, who assured Calum it was all alright- it would be different if Calum had known that Luke and Lennox were together.

So, the awkward bunch of people sat in the hospital room, mostly silent, occasionally asking Louis how he was or asking Harry if he was excited.

After a bit of more awkward silence, Ashton spoke up. "I'm really happy for you two."

Louis, Harry, and Liam- the only ones to know the story besides Ashton himself- looked curiously at the blushing boy.

"I really am. I'm glad Louis can finally have what he wants with who he wants."

Harry broke into a soft smile, reaching out to take his sleeping baby from Louis. He rocked Emmaline gently before stepping across the room and handing the baby carefully to Ashton, who took her into his arms, a fond smile gracing his pretty face.

"Thank you," Harry rasped, nodding once to assure Ashton that they were okay.

Ashton grinned, eyes still on the pretty baby in his arms.

The door opened and everyone but Harry looked up, expecting a nurse or doctor.

Harry finally turned when the room became completely silent, eyes widening instantly before his features turned sharp.

"Mum?"

~~~

That was so bad and boring what is my life

QOTC: whatcha doing Anne

Xx