"Mom? What do you mean you have something to tell us?" Ryder asked with concern and confusion laced in his voice.

"Oh no madison! This must be big! She let you off with a 'I'll let it slide'. That's not a good sign! Especially since you had sexual intera-" I cut him off before he says something he will regret saying to mom.

"Mom continue," I said while glaring at Ryder.

"Anyways," she said looking questioningly between me and Ryder. "Um- I- I kind of- maybe, got e-enga-"

I closed my eyes slowly, leaving them closed before saying," please don't say what I think your going to say."

"I-I got engaged to a very s-special guy." She stated.

Then she tensed up as if she was going to say something that me and Ryder wouldn't want to hear. I'm pretty sure I don't but what can I do?

"I've been engaged to this man for a year already and the wedding is gonna be soon." She said the shut her eyes as hard as she could and clamped her hands over her ears.

I have my jaw to the floor.

There is no fucking way in hell she can be serious.

I turned on my phone and unlocked it. I went to the calendar.

And today is not April fools day.

Shit.

It has been a good five minutes and not me or Ryder have said anything. I think we're just so shocked.

I cleared my throat.

All eyes are on me right now.

"Mom....." I say in a warning tone.

"I know for a fact that today isn't April fools day and that you can't be serious. So what made you think this JOKE was funny?" I said over exaggerating the word 'joke'.

She shook her head and bowed her head.

"I'm serious" she said cautiously.

I nod and walk toward the front door.

"Where are you going we need to talk about this." Mom said.

I open the front door without replying and get in my car.

I looked at the house to see Ryder outside sitting in the grass looking oh so depressed.

"Ryder!" I yelled rolling down my window.

His head shot up, "what?" he yelled back.

I nodded my head to motion for him to get in the car.

He understood and walked toward my car.

He got in and I sped down the street going no where in particular.

"Oh come on Ryder tell me how you feel about this you can't keep your feelin-"

He cut me off.

"SHE DOESNT FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAYBE WOULDNT BE OKAY WITH THIS AND SHE STILL GOES RIGHT AHEAD AND DOES IT UGH SHES SO SELFISH!!!!" He yelled.

I'm sitting here with my eyes wide. He's never exploded like that before.

"Um okayyyy" I said slowly.

I decided to keep quiet and let this things sink in the rest of the ride.

Ryder is actually right for once.

She didn't care if we liked the idea of not. She just went ahead and got engaged to some dude we don't even know.

Ugh.