22%

It's been a month.

A whole fucking month.

I haven't seen Jack since the 'incident'.

Since that day, David has been coming over frequently to check on me and obviously see his soon-to-be-wife.

My mom got me a therapist yesterday, today is my first session and I'm dreading it.

I've asked David about ten times, in the past month, how Jack was. I have to admit, even though he hit me, broke his promise and broke me completely, I miss him. David would always change the subject or avoid the question by pretending my mom is calling him or he has something urgent to do somewhere else.

I haven't heard from him or seen him.

I know I haven't tried to text him or call him....

But he could still try to text and call me.

(Lol madison is being clingy)

About a week ago was when I realized I'm not gonna be hearing from him or seeing him anytime soon, so might as well accept it.

*ding ding*

I was cut out of my train of thought by the doorbell ringing.

I furrowed my eyebrows at who is could be at 4 in the afternoon.

I unlocked the door and twisted the silver knob to see a blonde guy in a 3/4 sleeve dress shirt and nice slacks on. He looked like he was in his early twentys and.....

Not my type sadly.

I looked back at his face after looking at him from head to toe, catching him doing the same to me.

I was wearing black leggings, a grey crew neck sweatshirt and one of Ryder's grey snapbacks.

I coughed awkwardly when I saw him licking his lips. His head immediately snapped toward my face realizing he was checking me out for a while.

His face flushed a crimson color. He cleared his throat and fixed himself.

"Hello you must be madison" he smiled, showing his perfect, white teeth.

I smiled a closed-mouth-smile and held my hand out to shake his. He gladly took my hand, shaking it firmly.

"Shall we?" He nodded his head toward the inside of the house, meaning for us to get started.

I nodded and opened the door wider, allowing him space to come in.

He walked past me searching for the living room then sitting down on the couch. I closed the door and locked it before turning around and walking toward the couch as well.

I sat at one end of the couch and he sat at the other.

"I don't bite y'know?" He joked, laughing lightly.

I nodded and scooted a little bit closer. He looked at me for a second then took out a pen and a note pad.

"I'm not depressed y'know?" My raspy voice spoke for the first time in a while.

He looked up and smiled, "it talks!" He joked pretending to be shocked.

I looked down and laughed lightly.

That was the first time I've laughed since the incident.

Problem is, it was fake.

"I'm Johnson, by the way, Jack Johnson." He stated proudly.

(Let's just pretend Jack is in his twenties ok? Okay.)

I nodded and continued to look down, picking at my nails. The last time I got them done was about two and a half months ago, so they're super outgrown.