7%

•2 days later•

"Hey mom?" I knocked on her bathroom door.

"What?" She said while sniffling.

I opened the door and saw her sitting on the counter with her head in her hands.

"Mom, listen I over reacted and I know I shouldn't have just left without an explanation when you told us big news like that," I sighed.

"It's okay swee-" I cut her off.

"It's not okay mom that was a really bitchy move on my part" I said then covered my mouth. I never curse infront of my mom.

She looked up at me and laughed.

"It's okay maddy at least your saying it about yourself." She laughed and I smiled.

I love seeing her smile. Even though she called me 'maddy' and I hate when people call me that.

"Anyway I think that's great news actually," I lied. "I'm excited to let our family grow. The more the merrier." I said with a fake smile.

She looked up and her face lit up.

"Really?" She smiled.

"Yeahhh" I said.

I mentally laughed because she's not picking up the hint that I actually hate the idea.

But I would never tell her that.

"Oh my gosh yay!" She got up and hugged me. "Trust me you'll love them. "

"Them?" I asked suddenly hating the idea even more.

I don't want a little brat running around. I already have ryder to do that.

"Yeah David has a son. He's 18. " she said smiling like crazy.

"Greaaatt" I said and hugged her.

"Alright so I finally have you on my side. Now we have to talk to ryder. " she sighed.

"It's alright mom I'll talk to him" I smiled at her.

"Thank you so much for understanding" she hugged me super tight. "I love you"

"I love you too but I can't breath" I said in one breath.

She laughed and let go," sorry".

I left her room and head to Ryder's room.

I knocked on his door.

"Come in" I head him mumble.

I opened the door and shut it behind me.

"Hey" I said and sat next to him on his bed.

He nodded in response.

"I just talked to mom" I said nervously.

"Why?!!!" He said finally looking up at me.

I gasped. He had dark bags underneath his eyes as if he hadn't slept at all lately. His eyes were also red and puffy. He was crying.

"I lied and said I was okay with the idea of her marrying 'David' because if she's happy we need to be happy. She's done so much for us ryder. We need to return the favor somehow" I explained.

"I guess your right. " he sighed.

"Okay so Ryder you need to sleep you look terrible. " I said.

"Thanks" he said sarcastically.

"I'm serious Ryder you need to rest" I said.

"Fine" he said and laid down.

"Mom really needs to get you new sheets" I laughed looking at his Bob the builder bed sheets.